Interstate Guns in Hammond

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    With the NFA shoot cancelled, I decided to make my way to Interstate Guns in Hammond this weekend (I live in BR). They are located just off of I-12 on S. Morrison- very easy to get to, and took about 35 minutes door-to-door.

Upon entering, I was immediately surprised by the quantity and quality of stock on hand. The store was busy, but had plenty of knowledgeable staff, who were friendly and eager to help. Prices were very reasonable- about what you would expect from a big box store, but with a much higher grade of Tactical and Hunting gear, and much more attention to customer service.

Firearms: IG carries a great line of pistols and long guns, including Daniel Defense, Glock, S&W, Springfield Armory, Browning, Tikka, Beretta, JP, and more that I just can’t remember. My understanding is that they will soon be opening an online store, as well as carrying suppressors from AAC, SilencerCo, Gemtech and I think Surefire.

As you may be aware, these are the same folks that run SportOptics.com, among several other optics websites. For that reason, there was an incredible stock of premium optics, including Schmidt Bender, Swarovski, Night Force, Zeiss, MeOpta, Eotech, Aimpoint, Vortex, etc.

Accessories brands included Peltor, Viking Tactics, BladeTech, Surefire, Comptac, Frog Lube, and also the full line from the Louisiana based Unity Tactical. They also carry what appears to be a full line of reloading equipment and had A LOT of ammo in stock.

The most refreshing part was seeing so many specialty items on the shelf that I normally only find for sale online. Overall, it was well worth the trip to check these guys out, and I am certain that I will be making the drive again, soon. Can’t wait to keep an eye on them as they continue to grow.

bsoileau24

Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I went there in january this year and they had everything I needed. Great store , selection, and awesome employees. Its a little over a two hour drive for me to get there and its worth it

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Class A establishment. I always direct anyone I can that way. I've only dealt with Chris and Jay. Both outstanding guys.

BrandonLSU

Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I bought a rifle there a couple of weeks ago for a hog hunt in Texas and it's great! One of the staffs guys there offered to bring in his personal rifle so that I could try out his Geissle trigger. Their prices are a little higher than some gun stores but they are waaay closer to my house than any other gun store (not pawn brokers and not bog box, AKA: Academy; not real gun stores, not real shooters staffing the counters).

Speaking of which, I asked a Hammond pawn store clerk if they had P-mags and he was dumbfounded as to what I was talking about, lol! I thanked him and left and went to....ironically, Interstate Guns....they do.

.....didn't see one hog while there, killed three raccoons, two skunks and an armadillo.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom