My AR build thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Girouard

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    Revive!

I haven't done much with this rifle. Installed the LMT rear sight and a magpul VFG. Anyone know of a reputable shop that duracoats in Louisiana? I don't wanna fool with shipping it if I can do it "locally".

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You can buy the duracoat kit and do it yourself.... I know I did mine a long time ago with an airbrush gun. Duracoated my LCP, 2 PF9's, my M&P15, and AK, it's been ~5 years and still looks good to me

Girouard

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    You can buy the duracoat kit and do it yourself.... I know I did mine a long time ago with an airbrush gun. Duracoated my LCP, 2 PF9's, my M&P15, and AK, it's been ~5 years and still looks good to me

I don't have access to an airbrush rig and I've contemplated using the aerosol method. Do you have some pictures you could share with me?

Girouard

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    36367496f942946bbd209fc7caf1454f.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I don't have access to an airbrush rig and I've contemplated using the aerosol method. Do you have some pictures you could share with me?

Sorry I didn't see your post. I sold my pf9's so I cannot comment on the condition. But my m&p was showing some surface rust on the barrel and I gave it a nice rub down with steel wool, cleaned it with brake cleaner, and finished off with alcohol. Then I used my brothers airbrush gun, (apparently it's a high end one) and thinned out the duracoat, think it mineral spirits or what ever is on their directions to use to thin it, I forgot since it was so long ago). And I sprayed thin coat after thin coat till it looked good.

edCVTL8.jpg

dW3K1Pw.jpg

It's the 2nd on in this picture.

Top Bottom