Followup on Todd Cheek of Tcustoms LLC in Greenwell Springs Louisiana suppressor sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    So here's what I reported to the BBB:
    I paid TCustoms, LLC $500 in January of 2013 for a rifle suppressor from Huntertown Arms. Last I heard from him was on 5/15/13 when he told me he was waiting on an ATF form F3 from Huntertown. He chewed me out after I had waited 4 months to ask the status on the paperwork. He told me he could do without "attitude" and to stop worrying about it and wait. I'm still waiting 16 months later now and no contact from him since last May. No replies to my emails. It's pretty clear that any perceived attitude on his part was warranted, although there was none at the time. I emailed him again a month or so back asking for my money back and he has continued to ignore me.​

Here's TCustoms LLC's reply to the BBB:
    Mr. Roesler did contact me in Jan.2013 about buying a suppressor. A Huntertown
    Arms Kestral which I did not stock and had to order.
    At this time he advised me he DID understand how buying NFA items worked. He
    made his payment and I called in the order, got the total and sent them a postal
    money order. Huntertown Arms told me and Mr. Roesler ( HE CALLED AND TALKED
    TO THEM BEFORE CONTACTING ME) that they would take care of the Louisiana
    paper work to me. I told Mr. Roesler that as soon as Huntertown Arms completed a
    Form 3 transfer to me, that we would file his Form 4, which at that time was taking
    about 4 month's. In the meantime, we would file his Louisiana State request to
    register and request to transfer as I now had the serial number since it had been
    paid for.
    I called Huntertown Arms in May sometime to ask about the Form 3, they told me it
    was filed and they were just waiting on the BATFE. They also advised me that my
    customer, Mr. Roesler was calling them excessively and they'd about had it with
    him. Shortly after that Mr.Roesler called me, very agitated and complaining about
    the length of time it was taking. After reminding him for the umpteenth time that I
    had no control over another company let alone the BATFE, I could do without the
    attitude. That was it. I never heard from him again until March of 2014. (That will be
    important later on, so be mindful of it.)

As it turns out, Huntertown Arms did NOT do the Louisiana paperwork so the F3
    could NOT be completed. That was in July. I attempted to contact Mr.Roesler at least
    once a day 5-6 days a week until the middle of August. Nothing. He never answered
    his phone or returned a phone call in all that time, nor did he respond to emails. My
    only option was to wait until he showed up.
    Also in August of 2013, the requirement for Louisiana paperwork was dropped so I
    called Huntertown Arms to get them to send the suppressor but because it had been
    so long, they had to re file the Form 3. They said they were going to do it that day.
    Mind you, this is mid August. It was still taking 3-4 month's for Form 3's to be
    approved.

I received a notification from the BATFE that the Form 3 from Huntertown Arms
    was approved and in my inventory as of Nov.5th 2013. Generally, that means they
    are shipping it to me. I waited until January of 2014 and still did NOT have the
    suppressor and still had NOT heard from Mr.Roesler.
    I called Huntertown Arm's to inquire about the suppressor. It took me until mid
    February to get them to answer an email. They never would answer the phone. At
    that time, they said I needed to pay for the suppressor and sent me an invoice. To
    say I was speechless is an understatement. Mr. Roesler's suppressor was only one of
    4 that I bought and paid for.
    I have been trying since then to get them to respond and they won't. Not to emails
    or to phone calls.
    Huntertown Arms has doubled in size since January 2013 and was split in half by
    some partners who left, there are lot's and lot's of other dealers who have had major
    problems with them. They apparently had lost a lot of paperwork during that time.
    Remember, in all this time I never heard from Mr.Roesler. That is until I was told
    about a thread on a local forum. In that thread, Mr.Roesler was telling people that I
    had stolen from him.
    I posted his cell phone number asking if that was his and he answered that it was.
    No explanation of why he never returned my phone call's other than to say that I'd
    hurt his feelings when I told him I could do without the attitude.
    He continued to bad mouth me and say disparaging things about me personally, my
    company and my character. He was intent on calling me a liar and saying I just
    wanted a free suppressor.

I've been in business for 9 years and have only ever had 3 unhappy customers, out
    of thousands. Of those 3, only one of them was deserved and this isn't it.

I tried to contact him repeatedly through his phone and email. I never heard from
    him.
    My contact info never changed. My phone, my email and my address were all still
    the same and he had them. Rather than contact me, he chose to act like a 2 year old.
    In truth, he has changed his mind and want's his money back. There are no returns
    in the NFA business. I have the serial number that he paid for. He owns it.

I have contacted the BATFE about Huntertown Arms and am trying to get them to
    help me out. They are usually pretty good about helping so I'm hopeful they will
    help resolve this. When it does, Mr.Roesler's suppressor will be transferred to
    another NFA dealer.

I'll have no further involvement with him.​

And now my rebuttal at BBB to his statement:
    On March 16th, 2014, 03:54 PM TCustoms stated he would refund my money and now he says there are no refunds. I assume he just said that due to the fact that it was in a public forum. I never once received any of the phone calls or emails he says he sent. It is preposterous to think that I would not answer the phone from a guy who has $500 of my money. I explained to him previously that he never heard from me because when you make the mistake of asking him a question, he gets hostile.

This is what I posted on the public forum:
    "Google said this guy was a sponsor here and brought me to old posts, but he is not in the sponsor list now.

I paid TCustoms, LLC in Greenwell Springs, La. $500 in January of 2013 for a suppressor from Huntertown Arms. Last I heard from him was on 5/15/13 when he told me he was waiting on an F3 from Huntertown. He chewed me out after I had waited 4 months to ask the status on the paperwork. He told me he could do without "attitude" and to stop worrying about it and wait. I'm still waiting 16 months later now and no contact from him since last May. No replies to my emails. It's pretty clear that any perceived attitude on his part was warranted, although there was none at the time. How long does a dealer expect a person to wait without asking questions? I emailed him again a month or so back asking for my money back and he has continued to ignore me.

No replies from Huntertown Arms as well."

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...LLC-Greenwell-Springs-is-this-a-real-business

That's the forum. Nowhere in that forum do I suggest that he stole from me. I am suggesting it now since he refuses to honor the refund he promised.

Huntertown Arms since replied to me, here is what they said:
    "Here is Huntertown Arms reply to my inquiry on March 17, 2014:
    WE WERE NEVER PAID FOR THE SUPPRESSOR. THE ORDER WAS CANCELLED BY YOUR DEALER. Please make sure that you post that if you post anything...
    You need to see your dealer. We have not been paid anything. We would not have your money he has your money.. Ask your dealer to show you the cancelled check that he was supposed to send us. If we had deposited it in our account he would have record of it. That would settle it for you. He certainly never sent it or showed us a copy where we deposited it. I THINK HE MADE AN HONEST MISTAKE..and when we invoiced him, he thought he had paid before and refused to pay the invoice. All he had to do was produce a check that we had cashed for the invoice."

So as you can see, nothing in his story makes sense and he has lied about the refund. He's not repeating the same story as he told on the public forum.​

This is just for anyone curious to how the previous thread was resolved since an administrator closed it suggesting it had been, when it was not. In the meantime, I have bought another Huntertown Arms Kestral (in stock) from BJ Pawn in Denham Springs on 03/17/2014 for $547.44. They electronically filed it for me and will pay the ATF fee for me to pay them back when I pick it up on approximately 6/27/14. It's a shame you have to go through this to find out who you should do business with.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    SO why bring it all out in public?? Something that is supposed to be between two adults??

Because he has tried to message Todd about this and been ignored repeatedly. Handling it between two adults only works if they both participate. Also, other possible customers should be aware of this. It is a review of his business practices, plenty of businesses receive reviews here where the OP is far less polite than this one.

Last edited:

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    SO why bring it all out in public?? Something that is supposed to be between two adults??

This is a gunsmithing forum. This is where people talk about gunsmiths. This is where people talk about service they have or have not received from gunsmiths. Why would it be inappropriate? Maybe as a premium member, you have some problem with customers airing their complaints? Maybe you treat your customers the same way? One can only wonder after hearing your concern that complaints be brought to the public. Who says the treatment of a customer by a vendor is supposed to be between two adults? Is their some gunsmithing code that says how you screw your customers is supposed to be kept private? Do you frequently enjoy throwing away $500 and just keep it to yourself?

Did you not read the post? Did you not read where he said he would refund me publicly here, then told the BBB that he will not refund me? What part of this terrible vendor experience are you not understanding? These are not things I made up, these are direct quotes from him.

I have long written off my money since I knew many months ago I was dealing with someone who had no grasp of the concept of customer service. Other people may be looking for a reputable gunsmith in the area as I was in January of 2013.

Who knows? Maybe he will post a copy of his cancelled check to Huntertown Arms here so we can all see that he paid for my suppressor and that I am barking up the wrong tree. That would be nice. At least then I would have a valid reason for losing my $500.

Last edited:

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    Hey, that's what BJ Pawn said electronic filing takes. If it doesn't, I can let you know here. But I've heard my underwear is pretty tasty...

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I guess I just dont put my stuff out in the public to see.. Just wired differently.. Is he even checking messages on here?? Why not call?? 225 223 5339

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    Maybe you should read the bayouforum url that I posted and you would know what your buddy has been up to. You seem to be responding to something you have no knowledge of. When a "gunsmith" who posts on a public forum trashes me on said forum, I feel it is important to reply with the facts so that future customers can know what they are dealing with. Yes, he checks messages. No, I don't call, because I don't feel like being treated like **** by someone I gave money to. Reference previous post for "treated like ****." He has my mailing address, he said he was going to refund my money, then he told the BBB that he will not refund my money. Why are you sticking up for him? He has $500 of my money for something he is not going to give me. Like I said, maybe you like throwing $500 away. What other reason can you have for defending him when you don't even know what I am referring to?

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    If you get your stamp back by 6/27/14 I'll eat your fricken underwear!!!

6/27/14 might be a tad quick, I was having great luck with them all the way up into this month. Realistically though its moving at about 110-150 days, which is still acceptable in my book. We shall see what happens with the filing system crashing and the outages the NICS has been suffering in general.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Maybe you should read the bayouforum url that I posted and you would know what your buddy has been up to. You seem to be responding to something you have no knowledge of. When a "gunsmith" who posts on a public forum trashes me on said forum, I feel it is important to reply with the facts so that future customers can know what they are dealing with. Yes, he checks messages. No, I don't call, because I don't feel like being treated like **** by someone I gave money to. Reference previous post for "treated like ****." He has my mailing address, he said he was going to refund my money, then he told the BBB that he will not refund my money. Why are you sticking up for him? He has $500 of my money for something he is not going to give me. Like I said, maybe you like throwing $500 away. What other reason can you have for defending him when you don't even know what I am referring to?

I know every detail, but just that I dont have anything in it either.. I agree if you paid, you should get refund.. I also know that pushing like you are is a last resort thing.. and you must not know people well or human behavior.. posting all over will not get money but it will at some level hurt his business Id imagine.. so if thats what your after.. fine.. I for one, would do things face to face.. but again, Im wired differently..

And yes, hes my buddy, more of a brother actually.. so for interest of transparency.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Maybe you could call him for this guy, and if all was just a big misunderstanding, everyone could apologize and move on!?!

No need for that. By now, he knows about this thread and no need to get mcfarland tied up in this. He's just being a good friend. This is what good friends do. We should all be so fortunate to have good friends.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    From what I can tell, the OP did attempt to handle this offline both prior to the last post and this one. So "last resort" may indeed be a good way to describe it.

Hopefully it's a big misunderstanding that will get resolved. Seems like a refund or proof of payment to Hunter Town would settle things pretty quickly and easily, I'm just surprised this is still dragging out.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No need for that. By now, he knows about this thread and no need to get mcfarland tied up in this. He's just being a good friend. This is what good friends do. We should all be so fortunate to have good friends.

I hear you. I just know that if it were a friend of mine; first I would get my friend to come clean! If he in fact owed a guy like this the money, I would tell him; "Dude, you need to pay this guy!" My friends would understand what I was telling them to do. Any of MY friends that didn't do what I was telling them (in this type of situation), ain't my friends no more.

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Emperor, I think you have it wrong as far as my input mattering?? I dont know the guy who bought the can at all, and Todd and I do not pay one anothers bills. I said hes my brother not a dependent.. if we shared bills, or were married MAYBE.. but even then the wife and I after 10 years, still have seperate accounts..

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom