Treason? You decide..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The people at info wars are dumb as ****. Their theory revolves around the last point:

Non-Governmental Organizations have expressed concern that the regional mitigation strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone utilizes Gold Butte as the location for offsite mitigation for impacts from solar development, and that those restoration activities are not durable with the presence of trespass cattle.

They believe that someone is planning on putting solar panels where his cows are. They do not understand what mitigation is. They were planning on RESTORING the areas where his cattle are in exchange for being able to put their solar panels somewhere else. As far as China drilling for oil and the government losing $5,000,000,000 dollars over this, I call ********. It hasn't been sourced anywhere and it is coming from one of those websites who's target audience is looking for demonization.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Chinese Energy investors are looking to acquire properties and real estate in the US, was his point.

and he's 100% correct. I believe the "solar panel" theory is ridiculous- and Jack hit the nail on the head. It was an "off-set" area. We need to fix up the area where your cattle are so we can destroy the land over that-away.

As I understand the definition of "Treason", this does not apply. Treason would be deliberately sabotaging your country or attempting to kill one of its leaders. Bomb a marathon- criminal, but not treason. Force feds off your land at gunpoint- criminal, but not treason. Assassination plot- treason. Sending classified documents to the web- treason.

I don't think the ranchers were correct in what they did, and I think he's got troubles he can't even imagine heading his way. That being said, I do have an appreciation for drawing a line in the sand over principle, and setting a precedent that if provoked unnecessarily our citizens will respond with force.

Separate discussion, but there were alternative situations where refusal by militia would have made a more powerful statement (and on a more stable legal platform), but whats done is done.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Chinese Energy investors are looking to acquire properties and real estate in the US, was his point.

and he's 100% correct.

He is right, but that doesn't answer my question. How does a mitigation project for solar panels in Nevada relate to attempted land purchases for oil production in the Gulf of Mexico?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    He is right, but that doesn't answer my question. How does a mitigation project for solar panels in Nevada relate to attempted land purchases for oil production in the Gulf of Mexico?

i think just simply the fact that they are purchasing energy assets in our country. nothing more.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Technology is what they were after Remember the little windfarm fiasco in the northwest were the Chinese were caught spying on a military instulation under the pretext of clean energy. Same deal I suspect in Nevada BTW We at Unocal refused to work for the Chinese so Chevron bought the company.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    colbert-popcorn.gif

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Never underestimate Chinas hidden agenda, Stealing our technology and the collapse of the US by any means nessary. Any politican who is suspected of being balls deep on a 5 billion deal with the Chinese in my book is guilty of treason

Where is there any evidence of this $5,000,000,000 deal?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Okay thats it. Stolen from rewire:

The "Chinese energy firm" being discussed is ENN Mojave Energy, and the project was canceled in 2013 after languishing for many months unbuilt and unfunded. There haven't been many articles on the project since 2012, for the simple reason that it became clear it probably wasn't happening around then.

Daniels did not specifically say that the ENN Mojave Energy project was planned for the land on which Bundy's cattle now trespass. But that's certainly what people took away from it: Harry Reid ordered Bundy's cattle removed so that his son Rory could build a solar project on it for the Chinese Communists.

There are two little problems with that interpretation of the story, one of which lends support for the notion that Americans have no idea how to read maps: Bundy's cattle are in Bunkerville, Nevada, and the proposed ENN plant would have been sited in Laughlin Nevada, which is almost 180 miles away.

Even if ENN's project was still a going concern, alleging that Bundy's cattle are being moved because of ENN is about like saying you got kicked out of your apartment in Los Angeles because your landlord wants to build a new building in Fresno. When the real reason is you haven't paid rent since the first year of the Clinton Administration.

The other little problem? The idea of land being used as mitigation for habitat destroyed elsewhere pretty much depends on the habitat being protected. Which means not building solar on it, whether by a Chinese-owned firm or an all-American crew like First Solar.

Done.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Then i guess we will see if the project has been given new life, Its only been since 2011 that good old Harry met with ENN officals in China.

Okay thats it. Stolen from rewire:

The "Chinese energy firm" being discussed is ENN Mojave Energy, and the project was canceled in 2013 after languishing for many months unbuilt and unfunded. There haven't been many articles on the project since 2012, for the simple reason that it became clear it probably wasn't happening around then.

Daniels did not specifically say that the ENN Mojave Energy project was planned for the land on which Bundy's cattle now trespass. But that's certainly what people took away from it: Harry Reid ordered Bundy's cattle removed so that his son Rory could build a solar project on it for the Chinese Communists.

There are two little problems with that interpretation of the story, one of which lends support for the notion that Americans have no idea how to read maps: Bundy's cattle are in Bunkerville, Nevada, and the proposed ENN plant would have been sited in Laughlin Nevada, which is almost 180 miles away.

Even if ENN's project was still a going concern, alleging that Bundy's cattle are being moved because of ENN is about like saying you got kicked out of your apartment in Los Angeles because your landlord wants to build a new building in Fresno. When the real reason is you haven't paid rent since the first year of the Clinton Administration.

The other little problem? The idea of land being used as mitigation for habitat destroyed elsewhere pretty much depends on the habitat being protected. Which means not building solar on it, whether by a Chinese-owned firm or an all-American crew like First Solar.

Done.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    so what if it has?

I'd sell my company and all material possessions to China (or anyone else) for 1/10th that price- and be happy about it.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Hey more power to you, Unocal thought that also until they were informed that the employees will be taking the package deal and the Chinese can crank up the offshore facilitys by themselves.

so what if it has?

I'd sell my company and all material possessions to China (or anyone else) for 1/10th that price- and be happy about it.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Give ya'll a little hint, Clark county at the bottom of the state, Next county up is Lincoln= Area 51, Close enough ?

the days of peeking over the fence are over my friend. I can assure you that if the chinese wanted american secrets, they wouldn't need to buy the house next door, let alone spend $5B doing it.

Jeremy Hammond is a pothead college freshman dropout, and released the entire administration's social security numbers, credit card numbers, credit reports, personal addresses/phone numbers, and later disabled a half dozen law enforcement agencies' infrastructures using his cell phone WHILE IN CUSTODY.

He's arguably a gifted nerd with a high school diploma. Now... what do you think the Chinese can educate a professional to do, for far less than $5bil?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom