Advantage Group Programs for May

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    SHOTGUN I MAY 24, 2014

Do not be fooled by the simplicity of the design, the shotgun is one of the most
    difficult firearms to effectively operate under the stress of a home defense scenario.
    Our Shotgun I course covers the function and prop... See More
    Photo: SHOTGUN I MAY 24, 2014
    Do not be fooled by the simplicity of the design, the shotgun is one of the most
    difficult firearms to effectively operate under the stress of a home defense scenario.
    Our Shotgun I course covers the function and proper manipulation of the defensive shotgun.
    TOPICS COVERED:
    Sight Picture
    Loading/Unloading
    Patterning with different loads/chokes
    What's best for each individual
    Wall penetration
    Slug/buck transitions
    Learning and mastering your shotgun
    Gaming vs. Tactics

Ladies Only Handgun Fundamentals & CHP. May 25, 2014.

Get you carry permit and a full day's worth of training. Get your girlfriends and your sisters together and sign up as a group of 3 or more and receive a $25 discount per person. Visit our website www.advantagegrouptraining.com or contact: clare.reding@unitytactical.com for more info.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I took the last shotgun class offered by Advantage Group. Fantastic instructor who has mastered the shotgun. This is NOT a simple platform to manipulate in a stressful situation. If you would have told me otherwise before the class, I would have called BULLS%#*. That was my mentality going into the class and I quickly learned otherwise. This is a MUST class for those who rely on a shot gun for defense. This includes you LE guys. Not one of the guys taking the class kept the same configuration of their gun by the end. You may think you have the best set-up. How hard is it to rack the slide and fire a spread? Ooohhhh..... There is a hell of alot more to it!!!! Wait til you see what diffrent loads do! Can you and will you take that shot if the threat has grabbed your loved one?

For me personally, this is the one platform I need the most work in. I need A LOT of work with all my other platforms but this one is a BIOTCH! I DARE anyone to take this class and tell me otherwise.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    It was a great class by a great instructor. If you plan on using a shotgun for home defense, I would strongly suggest taking it.

LMF45

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Metairie, La
    Hope it's a great class for all who attend.

Shotguns are often given a bad reputation and they are one of the most versatile weapons in our personal arsenal. Advantage group uses a top notch facility and hosts some of the most respected instructors in the industry.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Well Biden said all I need is a double barrel shotgun. Do ya'll offer any Elmer Fudd courses? J/K

Wish I could attend I just don't have a home defense shotgun.

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    I would be willing to loan out my 2 shotguns to someone for this class if they need one.

"You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!"

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I tell people all the time that lack of guns and gear is no excuse not to train. In every class we run there is a shooter or two that showed up with nothing but an open mind and ammo. In fact I would prefer you show up that way rather than guess about what will work best for you. IF you want the training get in the class we will get you the stuff.

MONK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    Saturday is coming up quick! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there. I feel we have some great information and training to convey. I will do everything in my power to make sure you leave with more knowledge and "tools in your toolbox" than you came with. Anyone with any equipment issues please contact us. We will attempt to help you with anything you might need. I encourage everyone to "run what they brung", that way you can figure out what works for YOU, not what someone told you will work.

monk

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Saturday is coming up quick! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there. I feel we have some great information and training to convey. I will do everything in my power to make sure you leave with more knowledge and "tools in your toolbox" than you came with. Anyone with any equipment issues please contact us. We will attempt to help you with anything you might need. I encourage everyone to "run what they brung", that way you can figure out what works for YOU, not what someone told you will work.

monk

Monk,

What's the round count for the shotgun class? I seem to have misplaced that info.

JR1572

MONK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    +/- 200 bird

10-20 slugs

10-20 buckshot

No Dragon's Breath please though...........unless there are firefighters in the class;)

Top Bottom