St.Tammany Fracking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    Jack, 90% of the post in this thread have nothing to do with fracking in St. Tam. You need to proceed with a neutral attitude. It is plain to see you are against it. If you are not for or against how can you be objective.

You along with most everyone else will grab one or two phrases out of a post that suits your agenda and run with it. Don't be upset, it's human nature to do so. That's why SEX sells, know what I mean?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Zero. And just to add to my little story, the county was paving the road that leads to the rig. We worked around their schedule. They worked from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. We hauled our loads in during the night. We also watered two other county roads to keep the dust down during the day because of the county workers. Not because of the dust we made. That's how you keep people happy, it's the new oilfield. With all the restriction laid upon us, plus having that road construction we still accomplished our goal of completing each surface section in 16 hours each, no spills, no accidents and no harm to the environment or the people living close by.

You could pave the road with gold and it still wouldn't be enough for some people. I would have no problem with fracting a well near my house. Fracting is the reason the plants up and down the river are expanding and hiring good paying positions. Natural gas is the feed stock for the pertol-chemical industry. It is our life blood.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Jack, 90% of the post in this thread have nothing to do with fracking in St. Tam. You need to proceed with a neutral attitude. It is plain to see you are against it. If you are not for or against how can you be objective.

You along with most everyone else will grab one or two phrases out of a post that suits your agenda and run with it. Don't be upset, it's human nature to do so. That's why SEX sells, know what I mean?

So you're going to keep deflecting?

- - - Updated - - -

You could pave the road with gold and it still wouldn't be enough for some people. I would have no problem with fracting a well near my house. Fracting is the reason the plants up and down the river are expanding and hiring good paying positions. Natural gas is the feed stock for the pertol-chemical industry. It is our life blood.

Would you be okay with it if it started dropping your property value?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    So you're going to keep deflecting?

- - - Updated - - -

Unless the well and production equipment are in my yard how would it affect my property value? And if it was in my yard I would say it would greatly appreciate the property value. $$$$$$$$$$ That said it has already appreciated the value of my home and business. Ascension Parish like many other River Parishes are booming.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Unless the well and production equipment are in my yard how would it affect my property value? And if it was in my yard I would say it would greatly appreciate the property value. $$$$$$$$$$ That said it has already appreciated the value of my home and business. Ascension Parish like many other River Parishes are booming.

Traffic congestion, noise, pollution, percieved risk by potential buyers, real risk, etc.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcm...-fears-crush-home-prices-near-fracking-wells/

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yeah, Those darn pesky 50k per month royalty checks will ruin a mans property and resell values...

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Traffic congestion, noise, pollution, percieved risk by potential buyers, real risk, etc.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcm...-fears-crush-home-prices-near-fracking-wells/

The study obtained transaction records of all properties sold in 36 counties in Pennsylvania
    and seven border counties in New York between January 1995 and April 2012 from
    CoreLogic, a national real estate data provider.

That was round the time the recession hit. Of course property values declined. Maybe I missed something earlier. Is fracting affecting your personal property?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The study obtained transaction records of all properties sold in 36 counties in Pennsylvania
    and seven border counties in New York between January 1995 and April 2012 from
    CoreLogic, a national real estate data provider.

That was round the time the recession hit. Of course property values declined. Maybe I missed something earlier. Is fracting affecting your personal property?

It also compared them to sites in the same general area, but further from fracking wells. That's the comparison I think is important. Fracking isn't affecting my personal property at all, the proposed site is an hour from my house, I have no vested interest in this.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

I think having a range around would drop the value more then fracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Jack - One thing to consider is during the boom there will be a lot of activity. Agree traffic and noise will be up. There will probably be some aggravation and inconvenience. But after the wells are completed and producing this should subside. Maybe some of the property value decreases were during this time. Another reason may be fear of ground water contamination. Many members with knowledge of well drilling, including myself, have already spoken on this subject. I believe the study demonstrates unwarrented fear of water pollution may have driven property values down. I believe after things settle down prices will return to normal. One thing I have learned is property values are a funny thing. Over the years we have done well speculating property. Timing has a lot to do with success in that field.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Jack - One thing to consider is during the boom there will be a lot of activity. Agree traffic and noise will be up. There will probably be some aggravation and inconvenience. But after the wells are completed and producing this should subside. Maybe some of the property value decreases were during this time. Another reason may be fear of ground water contamination. Many members with knowledge of well drilling, including myself, have already spoken on this subject. I believe the study demonstrates unwarrented fear of water pollution may have driven property values down. I believe after things settle down prices will return to normal. One thing I have learned is property values are a funny thing. Over the years we have done well speculating property. Timing has a lot to do with success in that field.

I agree entirely, the reasons you're listing are the same ones I listed. I agree that after the production is finished, if there are no negative effects, the property values will rise. If I was living there, my concerns would be, how long until they are gone, will this well lead to others, the short term headaches of congestion, noise and light pollution, and the possibility of accidents.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom