LaserLyte effective training, or just a toy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm interested in the LaserLyte after seeing it online. Anyone used it and/or have any reviews on it? Is this genuinely going to help a shooter or is it merely a toy in disguise?

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Dunno what the cost is, but i think dry fire laser work in general is good practice

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    thats kind of how I rationalized it as well. if "dry firing helps" then surely this will too, and it'll also save ammo/trips to range.

but if vg says its useless, i'll defer to his experience. especially when the setup costs a few hundred bucks anyway.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    eh, it doesnt work that way. its an attachment that you chamber and when you pull the trigger it displays on the LED target where you would have hit

seems like a geeky gun toy boxed as a training tool, which is why I asked. I'm not sayin it wouldn't be fun in my office though- beats the hell out of darts.

bipolarbear

SevenGun
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    NOLA
    I bought one to work on my draw. No ranges in town allow holster work, so I use the laserlyte. My drill is draw, fire one round at the target, tac-reload, fire another round, then check my shot placement on the laserlyte.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I bought one to work on my draw. No ranges in town allow holster work, so I use the laserlyte. My drill is draw, fire one round at the target, tac-reload, fire another round, then check my shot placement on the laserlyte.

After I've gone to a range about a dozen times, spoken to the employees, basically let them know I'm not a retard, I ask if it is a problem if I work from the holster. I've always been given the okay.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    yeah I learned that trick a ways back too. you've got to pass the basic Q&A, and will get far better results when the range isn't so busy.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe

Be careful, don't only practice drawing and firing... Most ranges should let you fire from the high or low ready.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I use a laser with dry fire training when I'm alone. I think it is a great tool for fixing bad trigger pull habits. I've even put my scope zero laser in a gun to check trigger pull consistency. If you like LaserLyte check out http://nextleveltraining.com/.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Laserlyte sucks. Crappy toy that breaks after a few hundred (if your lucky) trigger pulls.

NLT trainers are awesome and I've pulled the trigger tens of thousands of time with mine.

Top Bottom