RM Holsters Review- Best IWB Holster Ever!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    If you're anything like me you've got a drawer full of old random holsters somewhere, and no holster is exactly "right".

I've been using a Desantis Softuk for my P99, carrying iwb at 8 o clock. The print was "somewhat" - because the gun just rested in a loose wrap of leather. I had to be mindful of what I wore (I wear fitted shirts) because the grip would poke out like my hip had an erection. After ~4mos of infrequent use, (alternating with a crossbreed) it started to get sloppy. The fitting attachment got loose and it started to fall apart in general, so now I'm shopping for another.

I came across the "Best IWB Holster?" thread, and after seeing several people +1 Kee at RM Holsters, I posted that I'd check them out. Kee PM'd me and said "let me make ya one. If ya don't like it, send it back." It's dang hard to pass that kind of deal up, so I agreed. ~ a business week later I had a small box sitting on my kitchen counter from RM Holsters.

I opened it up and it was neatly wrapped, solid, and felt good and smooth. As we all know, many holsters are impressive in your palm- but its on the hip where it matters. I unloaded my P99 and slid it into the holster smoothly with an audible *click*. Man it fit perfect. Zero wiggle. I belted up and threw on my usual: a button down dress shirt and jeans, and surveyed myself in the mirror. No print. I raised the ante and grabbed a fitted t-shirt. No print. I was amazed. Thinking "maybe i just don't want to see it" I went out to the den and asked the wife if she thought I could ccw in this? I tugged at the shirt kind of doing that "its a snug shirt..." thing. She looked me over and shook her head, "thats my favorite shirt but there's no way. You'd have to wear a button down over it or something. Maybe your .380, but not the 9mm" When I lifted the shirt and showed her I was carrying my P99 she gives me that "whoa?!" look. I tested on a friend that ccw's as well- with identical results. I'm now carrying my P99 literally everywhere, and I've yet to be made. The best part is that I don't have to do a dress rehearsal around my gun/holster anymore, even in lighter clothes. If the clothes fit, the holster hides. Light colored shirts, fitted clothes, t-shirts, it really doesn't matter. I'm carrying a P99 at that, which is a shy bit bigger than my G19. If your daily ccw is a G26/27 etc it'll be all but invisible, I guarantee it.

When I say its a -perfect- fit, i mean its flawless. The gun is comfortably secure. All that aside, Kee was a fantastic guy to deal with and I can't recommend him or his product highly enough. I wish I had known about his product before I bought my supertuck, I could have saved some cash.

I'll add pics to this post when I get a chance. If you're looking for an IWB for your ccw, hit this guy up before you call anyone else.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I love my RM Low Rider IWB....damn good holsters, for sure!

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I've been reccomending them for a while, Kee makes a really good holster. The only "complaint" I've got is that you can change belt sizes, but that should be obvious to anyone looking at them.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Agreed. I don't think it gets more comfortable than this. I had over a dozen holsters when I finally found the Low Rider, and within a week I was already selling those off. Unless there's still something hiding in a drawer somewhere, the only ones I have left are my Low Rider for a G19 and a duplicate, and a Galco ankle holster for my G26. Literally the only thing I can find wrong with the LR is that it's not tuckable, which I couldn't care less about.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    All day errday. Love mine. Tossed all the others I tried in the closet box.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399572145.432870.jpg

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    Yep. I never imagined id be able to wear a t shirt and actually be able to conceal a glock 19, but i can easily. WIth it at 3 oclock i pretty much can wear anything thats long enough to stay over my belt. Hell, even a sleevless tank top will hide it.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Excellent review Wabbit!! I've been holding off on getting something for my RAMI 2075 and think this is one I really need to consider. Thanks for posting!

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I only have a $12 IWB that I bought for my truck to compare it to, but I'm also a very happy RM customer. I'll definitely have one for any future concealed carry purchases I make. The other reactions in this topic pretty much make me not even worry about trying to find something better.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Maybe I'll buy one for my Glock 20 SF. If it can do a good job with a full size Glock, I'd likely love it.

Anyone use the lo ride for a larger framed Glock yet?

Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've been carrying my glock 19 in one for years and always liked the fit and conceal ability of the holster. However since I've been carrying a Kimber master carry pro the holster wants to slide back on the cant probably due to the weight of the grip and the .45 ammo. My Glock was slide heavy but the Kimber is grip heavy. I usually have to adjust the cant periodically now that I'm carrying the Kimber. Still a very comfortable and concealable IWB holster and would recommend it highly. Firearm draws and reholsters easily with a very notable click when it's properly seated.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Check back and see who's been hawking these holsters the longest....

Would I lead you clowns astray?

Everyone who's tried an RM loves them, except for JR1572 and he's weirder than I am so..

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    I edc a Shield wearing scrubs (no belt), and with the tension control screws, I can draw without pulling the holster out with it. I once asked Kee to create a "one-off" design, a single holster for all my 1 1/8" Glocks. "No problem".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I have been using one for my Glock 19 fitted with a TLR-2 for almost a year now. It is fantastic in all aspects as far as I am concerned. It also does great at staying put on the little cuby at the bottom of the passenger door of my wife's Yukon for long trips. I just clip it to the part that is made for a bottle or can.

8726_st0640_039.jpg

Only picture I could find.

Top Bottom