Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    Thank God that Bowe is free. God was watching Bowe all the way. May he live a long and prosperous life. Keep this soldier and all US soldiers in your prayers.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Kind of hard to hold a trial when nobody is willing to tell the truth . I can't imagine anyone in this administration being put on the witness stand , much less telling the REAL story .

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Hit man is right. But, I hope they watch to see if any is kicked back to the Taliban.

Like they say, "Trust everyone, but always cut the deck."

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Kind of hard to hold a trial when nobody is willing to tell the truth . I can't imagine anyone in this administration being put on the witness stand , much less telling the REAL story .

Well it would be a Military Court.

Therefore the Administration would have to step in
    to prevent such a Case from happening.

My guess is that (IF) the investigation produces official charges(Big if)
    no way the Administration steps in to save his neck and stomp on a Military Trial once started.

But I've been surprised before. :dunno:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    They already promoted him automatically to SGT while he was in captivity. He was considered a POW. Therefore, he is entitled to five years pay. He must be tried by Court Marshall and proven guilty of a crime in order to deprive him of pay and rank. If he is returned to his unit, then it would be possible to charge him with an Article 15 for AWOL. An Article 15 hearing is like municipal court. The CO is the judge and an NCO or officer files the charge and acts as DA. Article 15 is only for misdemeanors. An Article 15 conviction can result in loss of pay(one month) and rank.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    They already promoted him automatically to SGT while he was in captivity. He was considered a POW. Therefore, he is entitled to five years pay. He must be tried by Court Marshall and proven guilty of a crime in order to deprive him of pay and rank. If he is returned to his unit, then it would be possible to charge him with an Article 15 for AWOL. An Article 15 hearing is like municipal court. The CO is the judge and an NCO or officer files the charge and acts as DA. Article 15 is only for misdemeanors. An Article 15 conviction can result in loss of pay(one month) and rank.

bergdahl being classified a POW is equal to shooting yourself in the foot for a purple heart.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

But people have already told the truth! Are we to believe that the dozen or so soldiers in his platoon (those guys that **** and showered with him), are to be discounted? Like as if they were drug addicts or ex-cons in a criminal case here? Unless I am wrong, aren't most if not all of these guys that have come forward, squeaky clean in both their military lives AND their civilian lives?

If any of these soldiers were the only trial witness in a heinous crime, or a robbery, or whatever; their credibility as witnesses would be irrefutable!

Do I agree with allowing the system to rightfully decide guilt? Absolutely! But as it seems now going in, consider the administration as witnesses the drug addicts and the soldiers, the credible witnesses. Was I Bergdahl's defense attorney; I would be looking desperately to settle out of court! ;)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I believe Bergdahl's parents are indeed true believers- especially the mother.

I mean- Look at her. She is beaming.
    15094135-large.jpg

article-2644788-1E5E700F00000578-342_634x423.jpg

article-2645075-1E5E6F8000000578-561_634x403.jpg

494921271-jani-bergdahl-the-mother-of-freed-us-soldier-gettyimages.jpg

494925389-jani-bergdahl-the-mother-of-freed-us-soldier-gettyimages.jpg

rolleye0012.gif

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    bergdahl being classified a POW is equal to shooting yourself in the foot for a purple heart.

I agree with you. As a prior service Marine(no such thing as "former"), I am appalled that he was AWOL or possibly guilty of desertion. At the very least, had he returned after leaving his rifle behind, my unit would have hid his rifle and made him look for it while threatening Article 15 charges the entire time.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I believe Bergdahl's parents are indeed true believers- especially the mother.

I can't blame her! She just wanted her kid back. Understandable. He on the other hand, seems to sport a little doucheeness! Mario Batali wannabe! :mamoru:

Last edited:

corey d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Louisiana
    I can't blame her! She just wanted her kid back. Understandable. He on the other hand, seems to sport a little doucheeness! Mario Batali wannabe! :mamoru:

I have to disagree, the daddy sports more than a little douchiness, hes a full out douche bag and a treasonous prick to boot. The momma don't look too bad for an older brawd though.

Top Bottom