Female Instructors?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Awesome job trying to get a non-gun enthusiast out there on the trigger! Whatever makes her more comfortable and willing to learn. You just might make her a good ol' gun nut like the rest of us.

nomadicdread

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Seattle
    Thank you, everyone, for the encouragement. I really miss New Orleans and despite it being more or less liberal than other places in the country, it's definitely a lot less liberal than Seattle. I have friends that run the gamete on firearms but, I call them friends because even though some of them "hate guns", they still love me and always have my back, despite my love of guns and exercising my rights.

I'll keep you all posted.

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Here's another endorsement for Annette Aysen. I've been to Babes with Bullets (two weekends, back to back, and have the utmost respect for Annette. Barbara Thibodaux (GAT Bullets) is another option. I have shot with both of these ladies and recommend them highly.

nomadicdread

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Seattle
    So I compiled some information for her and sent to her. Two days later, I get this: Names have been removed and replaced with XXX

"So, my research into the NRA and guns is complete and nothing at all has even remotely made me think that we shouldn't have better gun control. Follow the bold for links to well conducted and peer reviewed studies supporting the thesis.
    Guns suck ass XXX and they shouldn't be anywhere near children or in family homes. Open carry is crazy and the NRA is a brainwashing money machine hoping to kill as many poor people as possible while systematically taking their money. Your affiliation with this monstrous organization makes me so very sad." http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2014/06/gun_deaths_in_children_statistics_show_firearms_endanger_kids_despite_nra.html

Why do you want me to read this?

"Because you say you support facts and evidence. The findings of these studies are real. Because I pray, literally, that god will awaken you from the fearful sleep the NRA has put you in, because I believe you are intelligent enough to break through the cognitive dissonance created by supporting such an organization, because I want to believe that you are that safe, caring, gentle, intelligent spirit that you displayed here in NOLA.
    Or, I want to hear you say that your fear is so deep and encompassing that you choose guns and destruction over human life and creation. I just think you are too wonderful to be duped."

You really hurt me with this XXX. I read the article. I'm really raw right now. If you think that I'm not the same person you've experienced, just because I'm a member of the NRA, then you are the one being duped. Your research can't be complete without fully experiencing firearms and knowing members of the NRA. The words you've chosen to use are very hurtful. You've made a call on my family, how I was raised, and how I raised Jack. You cut me to the core. You really hurt me. If you think I choose guns and destruction over life and creation, that tells me that you don't know anything about me. That you have no idea who I am and what I believe in and what I strive for.
    This article tells lie from the beginning. So why should I even begin to research their data? The NRA does not support children owning firearms. The NRA does support and endorses safes for storage of firearms. "Smart Guns", who do you think is experimenting and researching the technology? Firearm manufacturers. Can you point me to a firearm manufacturer that does not support the NRA?
    Did you know what children who ride in cars are more likely to be injured or die in a car accident? How many children die each year in car accidents? Is anyone advocating for car control, or a car ban? What about car registration? Because that's not increasing anyone's safety either.
    The internal struggle that I'm seeing in you tells me that you don't want to believe that someone like me as you described can exist AND be a member of the NRA. It tells me that's a conflict in your mind and that these things create a storm of thoughts and emotions, deeply within you. Yes, XXX. I am that person, I am member of the NRA, and there are many more like me.

"No, XXX I am not confused at all . I'm deeply saddened at the level of brainwashing. And let's just remember that you were also raised to believe that gay people are bad and should be in hell among other erroneous fundamentalist doctrine.
    We don't choose the families we are born into but we can certainly move beyond them. We can love people who have different viewpoints from us very easily. As to NRA and children, check out the NRA website. Try the family insight magazine that promotes child handling and ownership of guns. As to the NRA and firearm manufacturers, it's basic logic. An organization cannot be looking out for the rights of its members when it is in bed with a for profit corporation. The NRA is supposed to be non profit education but it is corrupt political greed machine. They do not care about your rights. They do not care about you. They won't blink your way as they get into their armored cars when the crazies start the "revolution" and laugh all the way to the bank in Monte Carlo.
    And please, please give up the car analogy. Cars ARE regulated AND restricted AND held to specific standards. Furthermore, if one doesn't follow the laws for car ownership and manipulation, one gets punished. Finally, since the seventies when regulations began the death and injury due to cars have steadily decreased percentage wise.
    Also, it's a horrible analogy! comparing apple and oranges. A car has intrinsic value: it provides transportation, and makes peoples lives better. A gun doesn't do anything for the gun owner unless said owner uses the gun for hunting. It's an illogical argument.
    Unless you are willing to do the actual work of critical thinking and look at all the evidence without bias, you prove yourself duped. The NRA is a horrible source for gun statistics as it is a biased source. Pub med is a resource for scientists, social scientists and doctors-an unbiased source. Come on, babe .
    And no, I definitely do not agree with raising children to be part of gun culture. As a teacher, I would suggest therapy and removal from a home where guns were used and openly promoted.
    And YES XXX, I know plenty of NRA members, I have lived in the south for 28 years. And excepting you, every one of them have been racist, uneducated, bigoted, unpleasant, scary white men. The fact that the NRA is now using young black men as part of their propaganda is a testament to the deep seated evilness. You are better than this. I know you, like all of us, are loathe to discover that beliefs you've held are no longer promoting your spiritual and emotional development. But don't you think it's scarier to be part of the fear mongers?
    The second amendment is not and has never been in danger.
    Anyway, that's how I honestly feel about it. It bothers me that you can't see what is obvious to me . It bothers me that you can't see how their propaganda and and all those apocalyptic books create paranoia and fear in you. Spread Love, community, joy, and hope . How does a gun do that? It doesn't.
    And that veiled threat "there are many more like me" is exactly the kind of fear mongering behavior I'm talking about. It's not even the guns. It's gun culture . It's the promoting of fear and hatred and paranoia and division."

That's not a veiled threat. You described me as. "....you are that safe, caring, gentle, intelligent spirit that you displayed here in NOLA." I am that person. I am member of the NRA, and there are many more like me. Also, I've never used NRA as a source for statistics.

There's more from a separate text message. This is just sad. I'm sad. I'm angry.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Wow

Just wow.

Tell her to have fun in the lions den and I hope all that "guns r bad" **** works out for her. WHEN she gets robbed, raped, carjacked or whatever I hope there are no terrible guns around to save her. Wouldn't want a poor inner city urbanite who had been suppressed his whole life to get hurt or killed. It's not his fault. The racist white NRA KKK redneck retards put him in that position.

:puke:

PS: She basically told you she is better than you cause she is educated and you're a stupid piece of **** who is ****ing up your kid because you are an NRA member and gun owner. I hope you picked that up from your "friend".
    At least your not racist. She did say that.

nomadicdread

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Seattle
    Yeah...I did. I don't know if I can even associate with her anymore. I'd love for someone to try and pull the racist card on me. I'm half white, half black. I should disclose, that child was in my life for two years by marriage.

Last edited:

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Yeah...I did. I don't know if I can even associate with her anymore. I'd love for someone to try and pull the racist card on me. I'm half white, half black. I should disclose, that child was in my life for two years by marriage.

All she did was prove her ignorance. Anyone that cites slate.com as a credible source of unbiased info is obviously grossly mentally deficient. Her tone struck me as one who is incredibly intelligent but dumb as a box of hammers. The spread love hope bla bla bla line really got me. I would love to live in her world where the everything is so wonderful.

I wouldn't waist anymore time on that "friend".

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    She's lived in New Orleans, for the past 28 years.

She sounds like my mother.

I had a gun talk with my dad last night before I left NO for BR. He told me I need to spend more time at the range and handed me a can of ammo on my way out the door.

I can TRY and teach this chick about guns and stuff, but I think that ship has sailed.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Dread, listen;

My Mother was from Connecticut; she was indoctrinated to believe phony liberal crap since she was a child. Her Father, my Grandfather and Grandmother, were first generation Polish immigrants. They were so happy to be able to emigrate here they went along with anything. They towed this line of horse **** till the day they died. My mom found clarity just 10 years before she died. She raised her N.O. born kids to be liberals cause that is all she knew. We never bought in to that BS once we were old enough to know better. But we were brought in.

You have a friend that is lost. My best friend is also lost. But he and I are still best friends. We argue about politics all the time. He and I have fantastic debates because he is almost as intelligent as I am. :p <True BTW.

If you truly think this is a real friend, then get past it. Now I will say, she is REALLY f**ked up in the head with her BS line of reasoning. But, that said; do you really have time in your life to devote to that type of crap. Arguing those issues is strenuous, particularly if she's not a deeply connected friend (or super fine and you are f**king her/ or would like to). Sorry girls, that's being honest.

Look, I have had friends that I thought I would NEVER be able to live without when I was young, and I haven't spoken to them in decades. Hell, I don't even know if some of them are even alive.

Pick your battles, and your priorities.

nomadicdread

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Seattle
    I can't really say what's going to happen after this. One way or another I'll have to keep it civil but, I'm pretty much done for now.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I've never seen anybody converted on this or pretty much any other issue over the internet. I'd let it go by the wayside and continue to be a friend, and agree that it isn't something that the two of you will discuss. No political issue is worth losing a good friend over.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The irony of generalizing an entire group of people(NRA members) as bigoted racisits(people who make negative generalizations).

Last edited:

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Wow, good luck with working things out with her. I've had similar arguments with people not only about guns/NRA but religion. When someone finds out that I'm Atheist for the first time I will sometimes hear similar bigoted generalizations directed toward me and those you lack faith. I wish I had some advice for you but can only hope for the best for you.

Top Bottom