My 8 y/o girl - Like A BOSS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I realized i never posted any pics of my little girl getting in some range time, so here we go. Didnt really know where else to post this, so i picked training as i guess you would consider it just that even though it's not the typical type of training we see in this section.

First off, a little background. My dad bought me my first .22 rifle the day i graduated kindergarten. He brought me straight from school to Walker Pawn and we picked out a Rossi .22 pump. I would love to have started her on this but the stock is too long for her and looking at some old pics, it was actually too long for me too but i didnt care; i shot the **** out of that thing anyway. However, besides the stock being too long, it is also missing the rear sight now and the slot it fits in is wore out so it needs some attention from a smith.
    A while back, she started to take interest in watching me and the wife shoot. We talked about getting her own firearm and we agreed that she was mature enough and had the right mind set to handle it. I bought her a Cricket last year for her 8th B-day and she finally took to it a few months back. At first she wanted me to do everything but pull the trigger. After working with her a few times it got gradually better to the point to where she was doing everything on her own. She's a pretty good shot even with the crappy sights on the little gun. I was raised on open sights and they just seem easier to me especially for a beginner but she took to them and has learned them fairly well. Once she got pretty accurate at 20 yrds, i gradually moved her back and she is hitting almost everything from 40-50 yrds.

Well, i didn't really expect her to actually say "YEAH!" when i jokingly asked her if she wanted to shoot the AR next, but that's exactly what she did. So i started her off with one round at a time, just like the Cricket. She took to it pretty fast and she really likes the ease of using the aimpoint as opposed to the irons, which was expected. I have a PWS muzzle brake on my rifle which makes it very loud and a good felt percussion which I think makes her like it even that much more; she feels like she's got some real power in her hands, what's not to like about that? After a few one round trials, i quickly noticed that she could handle this rifle with ease so i loaded her up a mag and let her rip, and rip she did! Having 30 rounds at her disposal, much more powerful rounds than the .22 she is used to, spoiled her. She handled that rifle for all it was worth and was killing everything she put in her sights. I think I may have made a mistake, now i have to share my .223 allotment.:(

Wasn't really prepared for her to be shooting my rifle this day so i didn't have a nice rest made up; i just made her one on the fly out of some random stuff i had laying around and my sheet i use for catching my brass.
    Here she is, like a BOSS as promised.
    uraze8yv.jpg

dyqaqeja.jpg

2aja9y4u.jpg

jujutaqy.jpg

I know my Dad would sure be proud to see how good of a shot she is.
    myny4ery.jpg

gyduju9u.jpg

Me and the old man doing what we did best and looking good while we were doing it.
    9yjemyby.jpg

yma5y5a2.jpg

Not sure why, but i dont look too happy here. Watch out.
    ehu5areb.jpg

Me shooting my Rossi not long after i got it (i think?)
    by8ehe4a.jpg

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Thanks. You're absolutely right. I wish i would have had the chance to shoot a rifle like this when i was her age. My parents would have gone broke supplying me with ammo.:D

Mods, feel free to move this if you can find a better spot for it.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Thanks! Damn skippy. Me and Dad made a many of trips to the camp on blind river in that truck. I'd be laid out across the seat on the way home. Good times.

Top Bottom