Dems Introduce Firearm Confiscation Legislation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lokin4AReason

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    behind a desk ....
    http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/06/07/dems-introduce-firearm-confiscation-legislation

By AWR Hawkins, Breitbart News

Senators Barbara Boxer (D-CA) and Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), together with Representative Lois Capps (D-CA-Santa Barbara), are pushing legislation to allow families to petition a court to bar a "dangerous" individual from buying a gun and confiscate any guns said individual owns.

The legislation is entitled, "The Pause for Safety Act."

According to the Sacramento Bee, Feinstein said: "We must do everything in our power to keep firearms out of the hands of those who pose a serious risk of harm to themselves or others."

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    4734.jpg

Good luck with that. Terrible name for legislation. It doesn't even make a decent acronym. She's a tired old hippie from San Fran that won't be around forever. She becomes more irrelevant every day.

Why does she hate Hi-Point so much (bottom left of the pic, old model of the carbine)? Apart from the "oh, no it looks like a penis" pistol grip it should tick all of the Dem's boxes. And is that a Beretta Neos 22lr pistol in the middle right grouping?

Does anyone know what that gun is second from the bottom in the right group (above and right of the UZI)? It looks like some kind of drum magazine but I can't really make out the rest of it. Did you notice three out of four of the AR rifles have 40rd magazines?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Does anyone know what that gun is second from the bottom in the right group (above and right of the UZI)? It looks like some kind of drum magazine but I can't really make out the rest of it. Did you notice three out of four of the AR rifles have 40rd magazines?

At first glance I'm thinking Street Sweeper with Drum Mag :dunno:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    These three don't want anyone to have guns.

Except the people that they think should have guns.

And they don't see the problem here...

sparky_benton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Looks like a CALICO liberty . they made a pistol and a rifle with a crazy mag.. a strange 22 LR .I think thy made a 9 mm also...

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA

Oh and their bodyguards.

Don't knock the calico. 50 rounds of 9mm in a helix mag... I've always wanted the carbine!

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    And how did they propose to determine an individual as dangerous?

I wish Feinstein would fall in a hole somewhere! Or commiefornia actually break off at the fault line.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    " Originally Posted by madwabbit

Oh and their bodyguards.

Don't knock the calico. 50 rounds of 9mm in a helix mag... I've always wanted the carbine!

EXACTLY....They get to have someone protecting their lives and family's lives 24/7

Most Americans don't have that luxury.

Last edited:

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    I'll preface this by saying I have zero trust in Feinstein and want her out of office immediately, and with her behind the bill, I have zero faith in the quality of it. However, this is a step in the right direction as far as this stuff goes, in my opinion. It isn't cast as certain guns being demons, and it requires family members to petition a court for what I think is a temporary hold on firearm possession. It's certainly a situation with the potential for abuse, particularly in California where an anti-2a family could very likely bring an individual in front of an anti-2a judge, who both think owning a bunch of guns and ammo is a bad sign in and of itself. I think with the right combination of factors (e.g. recommendation from 3+ family members => psych eval => court), it's something that might not be terrible. I think if someone posed that significant a threat however, the focus might better not be on guns at all but placing a temp psych hold

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    All she is doing is "shaking the can" for donations for her fund. Democrats have consistently tried to pass legislation that will fail in an effort to raise funds. It is like being sponsored in a race or walkathon.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    4734.jpg

Good luck with that. Terrible name for legislation. It doesn't even make a decent acronym. She's a tired old hippie from San Fran that won't be around forever. She becomes more irrelevant every day.

Why does she hate Hi-Point so much (bottom left of the pic, old model of the carbine)? Apart from the "oh, no it looks like a penis" pistol grip it should tick all of the Dem's boxes. And is that a Beretta Neos 22lr pistol in the middle right grouping?

I was looking at Sunday Morning TV and Barbra Boxer was on some show with this agenda.
    One, ensure that families and others can go to court to seek a gun violence prevention order to temporarily stop someone close to them who poses a threat to himself, herself or others from purchasing a firearm.
    She aid something like 80% of legal gun owners would support this.
    The part that bothers me is lets say you do something - anything. Let me use an example
    Lets say ya put up a fence and the guy next to ya does not like it even though it is 100% legal. They could call and say they think poses a threat to himself, herself or others as you had a dispute and this applies to you.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    And when I look at that picture first glance I Think wow that lady had a nice collection of guns Cudos to her LOL

Top Bottom