Stolen car :(

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I know my old instructor telling me about a certain device he sells to people (mostly with show/rare cars) that you hide somewhere in the vehicle, and it's a low yearly cost and you are notified of any movement with it. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look up how to make a lo jack on google. Pretty neat if it works.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Well...... As SAd as i am about my camaro being gone... It was time to move on :(

Not entirely sad now...... :)

Came home with this today

37000 miles, 6 speed manual, targa top Pretty happy right now....

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No, you should get a Viper VSS5000 w/GPS and have it installed in a full custom manner. Which means where you would normally splice into the existing harness, you completely replace the wire from one end to the other with a new, different color wire. Preferably with gold/yellow wires with airbag system labels. It's a 30 second process to defeat VATS (Passlock, II & III) on most GM vehicles with LS-based engines.

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Aftermarket alarm is bring installed as well as LoJack. I also do not work in New Orleans any more.

Problem with LoJack is it's in a very easily squashed and detected radio frequency. Not only that, but it's very dependent on a Lojack-equipped police unit being within a couple of miles of the car, conditions permitting. In some urban environments accurate triangulation will fall to less than 3/4 of a mile.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Dude! You Scored! Glad to see you didn't opt for a safe and sane econo box. I'll be living vicariously through your new ride.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    So I should not own a nice car for fear of it being stolen?

Aftermarket alarm is bring installed as well as LoJack. I also do not work in New Orleans any more.

I would be leery of parking such a fine ride in a place where I'd already lost one vehicle. Now that you no longer work there, that point is no longer valid.

I wonder if you hid a cell phone in the car, . . . couldn't you use a find my phone app, listen to the interior of the car, and perhaps even watch? At $40 a month, it might not be a bad idea, if it can be done.

Nice car. I like red.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Thanks fellas. C6.

The only reason I drove my camaro to New Orleans is because my girl needed my commuter car. I have an 04 toyo rolla that I used to commute

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I'll take some better pics tomorrow when I'm off. Only a couple small blemishes on the paint. Inside is 9/10. Stole it from'em. They wanted to get rid of it. Been on the lot for a while.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom