AAR: AGOGE 6-21-14 Skills builder

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peteway

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Great class. (http://agogeusa.com/pistol--rifle-skill-builder.html)
    This is a skill builder class so you had to have taken a carbine or pistol (level 1) class before.
    Similar structure as the other Carbine class that I took from AGOGE, but some things were sped up. We didn’t spend a lot of time talking about muzzle discipline and things like that. We went over the safety rules and got on the line.

This class involved both rifle and pistol. We started off with the pistol only. Starting with things like trigger control, sight picture, sight alignment. We then went into malfunctions and multiple targets and reloads and when to do each. This wasn’t rushed by any means, but you definitely need to have some experience and feel decent about your abilities. I don’t mean that you have to be super smooth or without error, because this is the time to make mistakes and we all did. Anyone that has been through an entry level pistol class should do fine.

I’m sure I’m missing a few things, but from there we did a similar format with the rifle. After that we started to incorporate movement and weapon transition and reloads along with the use of cover and different shooting positions along with everything else. We also did some movement drills using off hand and weak hand pistol. Simulating rifle issues and fighting to a safe position, then fixing the rifle and getting back in the fight.

We all did some drills that you see Travis Haley and Kyle Lamb do and I can say with confidence that their times are not in danger of being beaten by me.
    This is more or less a half day class, and by about 1pm we were wrapped up.
    I couldn't recommend this class and instructors (AGOGE) enough. It’s laid back enough that there is zero intimidation factor and you don’t feel out or place asking any questions. The instructors were knowledgeable and friendly. Anyone looking for somewhere local to go should just do it.

This was a quick write up and I intentionally left some details out because I think that is the reason you go to class. It would serve you better to hear it from the instructors than me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom