Interstate Guns; Hammond, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ratnic

4E,65,77,62,69,65
    Jan 12, 2011
    Duson, LA
    Nothing but good things to say about Interstate Guns in Hammond, LA.

Put in a request to buy an LWRC M6 in the classifieds on this forum. Really did not know if I wanted an LWRC, but my budget was high, I wanted a gas piston, and was ready to pull the trigger on something. Chris responded same day. We talked that Thursday, Friday, Saturday as he guided me through the different models LWRC offers. Very knowledgeable on what he sells and other manufactures. So I stuck with LWRC.

I went with a LWRC M6IC Enhanced. He even helped me design the rifle to except a suppressor by shortening the barrel and having the factory pin the right muzzle device.
    Ordered the rifle on Monday, Picked it up on Friday. When I arrived I met a few guys behind the counter, very nice, as they waited on their customers. Chris was busy in the back so I waited and browsed. They have a good stock of tactical accessories, optics, pistols and rifles.

After a few minutes Chris came out and showed me the rifle. Talked to me about it, what other accessories could be purchased with it, and what he would recommend. For Optics I purchased an EOtech. I knew I was going to go with this, but he had other Optics to show me as well. He bore sighted the EOtech with my iron sights.
    I was wanting a suppressor so we started the purchase. Now I have about 7 months of hearing loss until the paperwork is completed.

I choose my Vendors in business and personal because of service. Cost is not my only qualifier. Sure, I want low prices, but with Wal-mart prices you get Wal-mart service. And I hate Wal-mart service.
    Interstate Guns is about 1.5 hours from me, and the drive was well worth it. I cannot stress enough how easy the purchase was, and how much Chris was available to me. They have a clean website, very nice store, customer service was great, good rifle selections behind the counter, stocked shelves. And did I say great customer service?

Chris is very knowledgeable on the type of firearms I like. And spoke to me as a teacher, not a salesperson. That is what I was looking for; a really great experience.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    These guys are spot on with everything from service, information, and products. It is my ONLY go to place now for my shooting requirements!

Keep up the GREAT work guys!

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    +1- support your local Gun and Sporting goods store, specially the ones who does a good Job of customer care and service.

1911Dave

Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    +1- support your local Gun and Sporting goods store, specially the ones who does a good Job of customer care and service.

The ones who do a good job is the important part. Too many local places who don't treat the customer like they should.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I guess you got a black one?

I was in there friday morning, working with Jay.

I played with that Nemo 300 Win Mag AR they have in there. Seeing it online I was like meh. Seeing it in person and playing with it, I want one.

InterstateGuns

Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    Nothing but good things to say about Interstate Guns in Hammond, LA.

Put in a request to buy an LWRC M6 in the classifieds on this forum. Really did not know if I wanted an LWRC, but my budget was high, I wanted a gas piston, and was ready to pull the trigger on something. Chris responded same day. We talked that Thursday, Friday, Saturday as he guided me through the different models LWRC offers. Very knowledgeable on what he sells and other manufactures. So I stuck with LWRC.

I went with a LWRC M6IC Enhanced. He even helped me design the rifle to except a suppressor by shortening the barrel and having the factory pin the right muzzle device.
    Ordered the rifle on Monday, Picked it up on Friday. When I arrived I met a few guys behind the counter, very nice, as they waited on their customers. Chris was busy in the back so I waited and browsed. They have a good stock of tactical accessories, optics, pistols and rifles.

After a few minutes Chris came out and showed me the rifle. Talked to me about it, what other accessories could be purchased with it, and what he would recommend. For Optics I purchased an EOtech. I knew I was going to go with this, but he had other Optics to show me as well. He bore sighted the EOtech with my iron sights.
    I was wanting a suppressor so we started the purchase. Now I have about 7 months of hearing loss until the paperwork is completed.

I choose my Vendors in business and personal because of service. Cost is not my only qualifier. Sure, I want low prices, but with Wal-mart prices you get Wal-mart service. And I hate Wal-mart service.
    Interstate Guns is about 1.5 hours from me, and the drive was well worth it. I cannot stress enough how easy the purchase was, and how much Chris was available to me. They have a clean website, very nice store, customer service was great, good rifle selections behind the counter, stocked shelves. And did I say great customer service?

Chris is very knowledgeable on the type of firearms I like. And spoke to me as a teacher, not a salesperson. That is what I was looking for; a really great experience.

Thanks for the kind words Spencer. The rest of you guys too.

You forgot to tell them about the Silencer Co Saker that you're now waiting for that's stuck in NFA jail LOL.

But seriously, thanks guys. We are striving to offer the ultimate pro-shop experience. Let us know what we can do better to serve you guys.

@kengel2 you NEED that Nemo ;-)

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Thanks for the kind words Spencer. The rest of you guys too.

You forgot to tell them about the Silencer Co Saker that you're now waiting for that's stuck in NFA jail LOL.

But seriously, thanks guys. We are striving to offer the ultimate pro-shop experience. Let us know what we can do better to serve you guys.

@kengel2 you NEED that Nemo ;-)

Sofa, Big screen TV, and coffee!! :x:

Hitman

® ™
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Leather couches, the smell of rich mahogany, leather bound books, and bourbon. :D

So gay :ghey:

is there a back door?

:dogkeke:

My brother's father-n-law had a study just as you describe in a Dog Trot away from his home.
    One of my favorite spots while in Ruston.

Last edited:

Hogin

Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    I second everything the OP said. Great service from Interstate guns. They took my GSSF certificate for a new Glock 19. And was patient and helped the wife pick out her new carry piece also.

InterstateGuns

Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I second everything the OP said. Great service from Interstate guns. They took my GSSF certificate for a new Glock 19. And was patient and helped the wife pick out her new carry piece also.

Great to see you guys! Let us know if we can be of any more service. Hope to see you on the range someday!

Snuggie308

Nov 25, 2013
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I agree guys! IG is the only place I go now. I've bought both a NF and a Vortex from Chris. Very informative, talks like a teacher, not a biz owner. Helped me greatly! Awesome prices too! Jay and Dustin are the bomb too!

Neil09

Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Will be buying an optic from him in the very near future, because of all the good reviews on here. Good customer service goes a LONG way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom