Louis Awerbuck dead???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Dummy gun. Completely non-functional. It was part of a scenario, and yes he took the time to let the entire class inspect the gun.

Sorry I started typing and got a phone call so by the time I posted my question it was already cleared up. I should have known better also but hey it's not like its a blue gun in the pic.

Very sad he's gone everyone I've ever talked to said he was a no BS kinda guy.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Dummy gun. Completely non-functional. It was part of a scenario, and yes he took the time to let the entire class inspect the gun.

I understand and If Teddy had posted that with the picture there would have been no comment from me.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Yeah it's not hard to see the concern, these days color designated sim guns and training guns are a common site, even 8 or 9 years ago they were alot less common. That, and Louis was a fan of double-stack 1911s, and he also used his dummy gun for personal training so he had his own made (welded barrel/breach, etc). Without any context it sure looks like a real gun. That pic was a running joke for a while around here, I guess it's hard to remember everyone isn't in on the joke.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah sorry if anyone felt the photo was in bad taste but I was asked by two different people to post that exact photo to try and bring back some memories and laughs. From the front of the gun you can clearly tell it's a non functional dummy gun.

Edit: Actually three people asked me to post the photo including Brannon himself. Brannon posted the photo on his social media feeds and loves it.

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Somebody on another site posted this snipped of an interview he did in 2008. Deep.

LA: I really don’t care about my death. I’ve had a hundred years packed into sixty. Why would I? I’ve got nothing to live for. I’ve got nothing to lose. I’ve got no Achilles heel. I’m not the average person. I’m an exception to the rule. The average person— wife and kids, lineage, wants to see their grandchildren play football or through college or whatever. Fine. I’m the end of the line. I’m the end of the blood line, completely.

Q: Most adults wrestle with some sort of fear or anxiety. It can be their financial well-being, their health, or their personal safety. What do you fear most in life?

LA: Probably physical incapacitation, if I were cognizant of it. Dependency, physical dependency, and being cognizant of it. Having Alzheimer’s and knowing I’ve got Alzheimer’s and not being able to [pauses] end it. That’s it. I don’t fear anything else because … Mr. Roosevelt said, *There’s nothing to fear but fear itself.* I don’t want to be dependent on anybody else. There is nothing else.

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Just checked the certificate. That class was in 2009. It was my first real training class. Gonna miss that man.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom