9mm brass

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Find me any that is going for that price, I'll buy 10. All range brass is unknown round count, once fired is an assumption unless it is crimped brass that is still crimped, or being sold by the shooter. I was planning on buying 5 of these boxes. If I can get 5 gallon buckets for cheaper I'll jump all over it.

That is what the scrap yard is paying in the florida parishes area. That is on the high end. I called every scrap yard in SELA and got a low of .75 a pound and a high of 1.50 a pound for dirty brass. You are quoting prices for clean, once fired brass but for dirty range pickup. Dirty range pick up is scrap that's valued at very most 1.50-ish a pound.

I'm trying to tell you that you are getting screwed by those prices. Buy if you must but your 2.50/lb quote that the scrap yards are paying is way off. If the person you are buying it from told you that then they are lying.

jmcrawf1

Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Joel, I just sent a couple of text messages, and got a couple of other people on board. If you can find 5 gallon buckets full at $150 I'll take 10 and give you $300 cash as a finders fee

Knock yourself out. I'm not looking for brass. I'm just telling you what I know.

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    That is what the scrap yard is paying in the florida parishes area. That is on the high end. I called every scrap yard in SELA and got a low of .75 a pound and a high of 1.50 a pound for dirty brass. You are quoting prices for clean, once fired brass but for dirty range pickup. Dirty range pick up is scrap that's valued at very most 1.50-ish a pound.

I'm trying to tell you that you are getting screwed by those prices. Buy if you must but your 2.50/lb quote that the scrap yards are paying is way off. If the person you are buying it from told you that then they are lying.

I never said scrap yards are paying $2.50 a pound, I said freedom munitions was. Brass that has been sorted by caliber goes for more than scrap prices, due to the labor of sorting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Knock yourself out. I'm not looking for brass. I'm just telling you what I know.

So if you know it is going for that price, why don't you show where it is? If you don't know where there is any, how do you know it is going for that? I could be wrong, but I looked pretty well. If I am wrong, I'd be glad for you to show me, I'll eat my crow, you'll be $300 richer, and I'll have a better deal on brass. Everyone wins!

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Jack, Is my 9mm brass worth more being I know for a fact it's once fired? Heck every round was fired in a G-19 with a KKM match bbl!

Joking aside: How much brass do you really need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Jack, Is my 9mm brass worth more being I know for a fact it's once fired? Heck every round was fired in a G-19 with a KKM match bbl!

Joking aside: How much brass do you really need?

Need is a relative term, I've got about 3/4ths of a 5 gallon bucket in the shed, but I'm always looking for more.

The order to get the price in this thread is 9 boxes(puts us just over 50,000 pieces), I've got two people here who want some, I was planning on picking up 4, so we need 3 more.

bigtattoo79

Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Need is a relative term, I've got about 3/4ths of a 5 gallon bucket in the shed, but I'm always looking for more.

The order to get the price in this thread is 9 boxes(puts us just over 50,000 pieces), I've got two people here who want some, I was planning on picking up 4, so we need 3 more.

Ok I just was making sure you wasn't out and couldn't reload.

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    No, I'm good for a while, I just like to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to these kinds of things. Thanks for asking

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom