what do you guard your property with?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yeah, Ok
    I believe the subdivision below or south of Ritten had close to 30 walk off the first night, It got so bad that guys would stay up all night with their duck gun loaded by the front door.
    1 guy I know chased 2 cats running down the street with his shotgun and was able to catch one cat, the truck they came in and his generator but the driver ran away with the key's. So he made a generous offer to the dummy that did not drop his generator. Help me bring this back or I'm going to shoot your ass, He got his generator back.

Or how about the slickesters that cranked up the family's lawn mower and tied the kill lever down so the people would hear a engine running and then hauled butt with the generator. I have to give these thieves an A+ on that little trick.

pretty much every storm for the past decade not named Rita, Katrina, or Lily.

This whole tangent largely irrelevant anyway, during a declared state of emergency I hate to tell you this, but someone stealing your generator is not "an emergency".

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    If they can get past all of the fire ants in my yard, I have a pocket full of rocks waiting for them. Straight up Dennis The Menace style!

SlingShot_L1.jpg

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Yeah, Ok
    I believe the subdivision below or south of Ritten had close to 30 walk off the first night, It got so bad that guys would stay up all night with their duck gun loaded by the front door.
    1 guy I know chased 2 cats running down the street with his shotgun and was able to catch one cat, the truck they came in and his generator but the driver ran away with the key's. So he made a generous offer to the dummy that did not drop his generator. Help me bring this back or I'm going to shoot your ass, He got his generator back.

Or how about the slickesters that cranked up the family's lawn mower and tied the kill lever down so the people would hear a engine running and then hauled butt with the generator. I have to give these thieves an A+ on that little trick.

damn thats smart.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    What was the other option? You'll never see me voluntarily being on the receiving end of a shotgun loaded with #8 low brass bird shot, either.

:D

Last edited:

Red Leader

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Hahnville, La
    After K we pulled together and patrolled for a month. Now that I have moved to Arkansas we don't have the same support system. Remington 870 Tactical and a Glock 21

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    After Katrina rifle upstairs, shotgun downstairs, pistol with me at all times.
    Generator would not have helped as fuel was not available (gasoline), it was hot and canned food was there; I had water but elected to leave after the 82nd airborne arrived and met my family.
    Since, my dogs and firearms protect me, as in Katrina the dogs let me know that something needs my attention. Best alarm system ever. I needed someone to watch while I slept .....so what if he had 4 legs?

Btw, the shotgun had # 4 shot first and #0 buck second; did not want to hit the nice neighbor across the street as he watched my front door and I watched his. #4 will make a terrible mess of anything at close range; should it not the buckshot will.

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Cell service seems to get temporarily KO'd in BR every time a storm threatens and people pour in....Guess the towers can't handle all the calls. :doh:

Cell service in BR gets KO'd a lot, most significantly when Gustav came through. Mid-City BR had no cell or landline service for nearly 6 days in some areas. You gotta have a priority access tier to stay connected, otherwise even 911 calls will fail.

Last edited:

denign

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    USA
    do you even know to smash them into a squatting position before rigor mortis sets in, and bury them vertically? that way, the hole appears to be a small circle. gotta mound up the dirt and tamp the hell out of it, or the burial soon becomes obvious. it's best cut up, buried in concrete, so dogs dont dig it up.

Wilson54

MS-Deltan
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Louisiana
    I'm for the dog taking care of the situation at hand while watching with a cane. At any good moment start caning the individual (s) clothes off and until his vertebrae are exposed. If there is ANY attempt by the BG to pull a knife or gun, then things have changed, right? Time to defend your life.............
    pet, home, and property. It ain't just a case any longer of "someone stealing gas or your generator". Yeah........and there should be something beside the cane keeping you company

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    1IcY4so.jpg

these two and their Schutzhund training. The one on the left is 168 lbs, The one on the right is 85 lbs. They are also used to chasing pigs as bite and chase roles, respectively.

If someone makes the attempt to introduce the bolted down, whole house genny that is behind a double panel 10 foot fence, to freedom from it's indentured servitude, the dogs will make short work of just about anyone. If someone gets through the dogs, well then 9mm subs out of a suppressed sub gun will be in order.

I had better luck using my cell as a signal mirror as opposed to actually using it to place phone calls after katrina.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lej1608
    Top Bottom