what do you guard your property with?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris.tardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2017
    Mandeville
    Benelli supernova tactical with tube extension loaded with 7+1 Winchester pdx. Or my .460 s&w magnum!

Attachments

• IMG_0393.jpg
      IMG_0393.jpg
      218 KB · Views: 323
    Last edited:

barnes53

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2018
    Ponchatoula
    There are plenty but for CQB defense of my home: CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1, Vortex Sparc II, Surefire light and SilencerCo Octane HD

Last edited:

datboyhieu01

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    May 23, 2015
    Metairie
    for my store/house i was using my CZ Scorpion and FNH 509 both with HP but im needing a shotgun probably

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I start out with motion cameras. I like a heads-up and they work much better than beer cans on a string. :dogkeke:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I start out with motion cameras. I like a heads-up and they work much better than beer cans on a string.

Me as well. Although in hindsight I was a bit shortsighted in my setup because they're all Ring devices and run on WiFi... so, if the power goes out so do my cameras. Never really even thought about it about it until Zeta took out my power for four days last week and I realized I was flying blind. I'm pot committed at this point and it works 95% of the time, but I think if I was going to start again I'd get a wired system with a local hard drive.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Me as well. Although in hindsight I was a bit shortsighted in my setup because they're all Ring devices and run on WiFi... so, if the power goes out so do my cameras. Never really even thought about it about it until Zeta took out my power for four days last week and I realized I was flying blind. I'm pot committed at this point and it works 95% of the time, but I think if I was going to start again I'd get a wired system with a local hard drive.

The motion cameras or ring cameras are good ideas and food for my thinking. I already have a ring doorbell that is wired and want to get more coverage. Though it is discussed at length in other threads, I have a stationary gen set that eliminates your power concern.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Regardless of the situation if your going to pull a gun out on someone than you better be prepared to possibly end their life. Shooting someone with rock salt, a non lethal, or even less than lethal round is a terrible idea.

what would you do if you walked outside with a shotgun loaded with rock salt and the person committing theft has a firearm? You just turned a bad situation into a terrible situation. I keep my shotguns cruiser ready with 00 buck. I have one box of #4 frangible buck but I’m not comfortable loading that into my shotguns since I e never had a chance to test it out myself and haven’t seen any ballistic testing done on it. The fact of the matter is anything that’s strong enough to neutralize a threat is going to be strong enough to Penetrate wood or dry wall. Maybe look into a modified choke for home protection to keep the pattern tighter or use a pistol instead. Unless you live out in the country I would t even consider using slugs.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Regardless of the situation if your going to pull a gun out on someone than you better be prepared to possibly end their life. Shooting someone with rock salt, a non lethal, or even less than lethal round is a terrible idea.

what would you do if you walked outside with a shotgun loaded with rock salt and the person committing theft has a firearm? You just turned a bad situation into a terrible situation. I keep my shotguns cruiser ready with 00 buck. I have one box of #4 frangible buck but I’m not comfortable loading that into my shotguns since I e never had a chance to test it out myself and haven’t seen any ballistic testing done on it. The fact of the matter is anything that’s strong enough to neutralize a threat is going to be strong enough to Penetrate wood or dry wall. Maybe look into a modified choke for home protection to keep the pattern tighter or use a pistol instead. Unless you live out in the country I would t even consider using slugs.

Once shot a wild hog in the buttocks with rock salt...Trick is you have to be close...

I could hear it squealing 1/4 mile away....Crashing thru the woods

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Yellow jacket nest near the corner post. Strategically left to thrive as this is the likely spot someone would park and creep around the fence.
    I can attest the little bastards will defend their nest with their life. Never be sweaty and stand upwind of the nest.

sinstickk

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 15, 2020
    Plaquemine
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but could you live you life knowing that you executed a theif for taking your generator? If you're that worried you should save up and buy a backup. I'd rather be cold or hot for a couple weeks than have to live with an execution over an item.

...now if they try to enter your home and you feel you and your family may be in danger, neutralize the threat and move on with your life.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but could you live you life knowing that you executed a theif for taking your generator? If you're that worried you should save up and buy a backup. I'd rather be cold or hot for a couple weeks than have to live with an execution over an item.

...now if they try to enter your home and you feel you and your family may be in danger, neutralize the threat and move on with your life.
    If someone is willing to blatantly steal a large item such as a generator, do you think they would have any regard for your safety/life if you confronted them? Sympathy is for the weak, and the weak rarely survive.

sinstickk

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 15, 2020
    Plaquemine
    If someone is willing to blatantly steal a large item such as a generator, do you think they would have any regard for your safety/life if you confronted them? Sympathy is for the weak, and the weak rarely survive.
    Simple answer is realize the situation. It's not worth confronting them. Take pictures from the windows and seek LLEA after the fact. I don't know how many people went to the urban area of houma after the last hurricane, but we witnessed many similar scenarios, it's 50/50 if they are doing it out of desperation and just trying to live with what you have or if it's a malicious robbery for financial gain.

.... the overly aggressive, kill em all, I'm a bad ass mentality doesn't keep anyone safe. You nor the perp, or your family.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.

I would regret the fact that they valued their life so little, they were willing to trade it for my generator.
    I would ruminate on this as I dug the hole deep enough that the cats wouldn't try to dig up the theif.

Top Bottom