Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 10 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

what do you guard your property with?

after a hurricane i place my generator where i would be shooting away from neighbors but still one house is wooden/siding about 30 yards im guessing. i use a 12 ga. mossberg pump with federal #4 buck/32 pellets and it has a big spread at 10 yards. i only have 3 of those left. i found(midway) fiocchi #4 buck/27 pellets @ 1325 fps nickle plated super tight compared to the federal, about a fist and a half at 10 yards. i have loads of 00 buck that i really wouldn't want to use.

im not sure if that nickle plated fiocchi #4 is safe around a wooden house. opinions? should i buy lead bb shot if i could ever find it?

something i noticed when talking guns with people, they don't consider the consequence if one or more of their bullets go into a neighbor's house. im not talking legal stuff, im talking about if that neighbor comes out and pops your ass. can you blame them if you hit one of their family members? all of a sudden you're in a second gunfight.

what firearm and ammo type do you use for this?

about lead bb shot. i did find some hornady 3" but the shell opens up just a tiny bit more than winchester or remington and gets stuck coming out. i stick with 2 3/4" only!

Unknown Camper

User Info Menu

On my property, my back-up is a 18" double barrel 12 gauge Stagecoach Shotgun, which I normally use for hunting woodcock and quail.

enthusiast

User Info Menu

Are you protecting your life or people from stealing gas/generator?
    Stephen

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Low brass #8 shot, Or you can roll your own using rocksalt, It works really well for 20/25 yards.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Low brass #8 shot, Or you can roll your own using rocksalt, It works really well for 20/25 yards.
    Rock salt is useless past about 12 feet .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    Rock salt is useless past about 12 feet .
    Tell that to the hogs I shot with it, You could hear them squealing for a 1/4 mile.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Tell that to the hogs I shot with it, You could hear them squealing for a 1/4 mile.
    Like your style gator...leave it to a southerner to preseason their bacon.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spec50trout View Post
    Like your style gator...leave it to a southerner to preseason their bacon.
    Lol, Buggers would come up behind the house when we lived on the Sabine, Excellate training tool.

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I guess the laws of physics are different for hogs . http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-...-in-a-shotgun/
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    I guess the laws of physics are different for hogs . http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-...-in-a-shotgun/
    Nice, I shot hogs in real life and in real time, Never tested on cardboard ? I know it works and works well since hogs are easily trained and quite vocal when peppered.