Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 910
    On Target

User Info Menu

Mossberg 500 pump and a couple of beautiful Cane Corsos. Honestly, I'd rather take on the Mossberg if I was creeping.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swampgeauxfur View Post
    Mossberg 500 pump and a couple of beautiful Cane Corsos. Honestly, I'd rather take on the Mossberg if I was creeping.
    Great choice in the dogs.

On Target

User Info Menu

Regardless of the situation if your going to pull a gun out on someone than you better be prepared to possibly end their life. Shooting someone with rock salt, a non lethal, or even less than lethal round is a terrible idea.

what would you do if you walked outside with a shotgun loaded with rock salt and the person committing theft has a firearm? You just turned a bad situation into a terrible situation. I keep my shotguns cruiser ready with 00 buck. I have one box of #4 frangible buck but Iím not comfortable loading that into my shotguns since I e never had a chance to test it out myself and havenít seen any ballistic testing done on it. The fact of the matter is anything thatís strong enough to neutralize a threat is going to be strong enough to Penetrate wood or dry wall. Maybe look into a modified choke for home protection to keep the pattern tighter or use a pistol instead. Unless you live out in the country I would t even consider using slugs.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jstudzinski View Post
    Regardless of the situation if your going to pull a gun out on someone than you better be prepared to possibly end their life. Shooting someone with rock salt, a non lethal, or even less than lethal round is a terrible idea.

what would you do if you walked outside with a shotgun loaded with rock salt and the person committing theft has a firearm? You just turned a bad situation into a terrible situation. I keep my shotguns cruiser ready with 00 buck. I have one box of #4 frangible buck but I’m not comfortable loading that into my shotguns since I e never had a chance to test it out myself and haven’t seen any ballistic testing done on it. The fact of the matter is anything that’s strong enough to neutralize a threat is going to be strong enough to Penetrate wood or dry wall. Maybe look into a modified choke for home protection to keep the pattern tighter or use a pistol instead. Unless you live out in the country I would t even consider using slugs.
    Once shot a wild hog in the buttocks with rock salt...Trick is you have to be close...

I could hear it squealing 1/4 mile away....Crashing thru the woods
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.