Bayou Shooter contingency?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    If the unthinkable happens and Hillary gets in the Whitehouse AND they put a draconian even MORE restrictive AWB through again, would you be willing to "wipe" this message board?

I don't mean take it down permanently, rather just reformat the server it was on and start over? The reason I ask is because there are alot of pictures and posts of what everyone owns not to mention the classifieds section. If that ugly day comes and everyone has to make their own individual decision about what they will "register" and what they will bury and claim sold, it may give some of us peace of mind to know these forums couldn't be subpoenaed and researched to see who bought and sold what.

Could we possibly start a "HD Crash Fund" for a new HD just in case the old HD "crashed" and was then taken out and burned?

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    boataccident9ph.jpg

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006

Well, I don't have my tinfoil hat on just yet, but I could see it happen. We know the government already monitors extremist internet forums. It's not a forgone conclusion that they could expand their monitoring to gun forums, especially if Parker v. District of Columbia doesn't go our way. How long until true 2nd Ammendment Advocates are labeled as extremists? (OK, tinfoil hat still not on but within arms reach)

Who would have thought Chocolate City Nagan would have the audacity to confiscate firearms? When someone first told me, I laughed! "HaHA! Not in Louisiana! You're fulla ****! That might happen in Kalifornia, but they couldn't get away with that here in the Sportsmans Paradise!" It happened, he is still in contempt of court and whatdoyaknow, he got re-elected....

Weirder **** has happened. If another AWB gets passed, you can bet your ass they learned from their mistakes and the next one will be more restrictive with no sunset. You gonna register your rifles?

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    strictly speaking on a technical level, I would find it difficult to completely "wipe clean" the forum. Especially since google caches sites/threads/posts. If google does that, I'm sure you could figure "others" do the same.

Just depends on your level of secrecy. I recommend never posting anything you don't want everyone to know on the Internet. period. Spanky can definitely back me up on that.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Alex is right on that.

I have a thought to add.

I hitch-hiked around the country for years as a teen and then drove a hippy school bus for several more years. I attended Rainbow Gatherings in the National Forests (thirty thousand people that travel around nomad style and live in the woods). Now, I have BRD and am a firearms rights activist. Not to mention being a proponent of libertarianism, secession and anarcho-capitalism.

Point is, I operate on the assumption that the .gov knows everything about me, down to whether or not I wipe boogers on the wall of the bathroom stall. That way, I have already dealt with any apprehension as to what people may or may not know. Then, I pretty well assume that if the S ever HTF, I would be a part of a chain of events that may easily result in my death or incarceration. Again, this is so that I have already dealt with any reservations I may have to living as I would want. Now, I am free to live on my feet rather than on my knees (other than with God) and the fact that I may be living on borrowed time only makes me more driven to work towards waking others up and making sure I accomplish as much as I can while I am here.

Stonewall Jackson was once asked how he could sit so calmly on his horse with bullets flying around him, and even passing through his body at times. He responded that he believed that God was in charge of when his time was going to come, and that he did not feel there was any use in concering himself with that matter. I apply that reasoning to many aspects of life, gun confiscation included.

Not to go overly religious on you guys, but Jesus also addressed this rather well:

Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I live my life not caring if the government knows all there is to know about me as I have nothing to hide.

So, what chain of events do you foresee taking place that will cost you your life?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Tim, would you feel that way with Hillary in office with a democrat run congress?

Its not my life I'm worried about. Its having my guns confiscated should they pass a law outlawing many of them. Its happened around the world and being pushed for by the UN.
    Because I have a CCW I'm sure I'm already going to put on the list to have my house searched when that time comes. Posting on this forum isn't going to change anything. The photo section does give them a list of which guns I own though. They can ask me, "OK, where did you hide that vicious assault Enfield?"
    Having postings drop off after 6 months with no record of them would make me happy.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I agree if there is a way to make post on this forum go away that would be a good thing.

I guess what I forsee happening when Hillary takes office is different from what you forsee happening. I don't see her/them confiscating guns. If they do I would assume they will start with FA. Aren't FA owners suppose to make their houses readily available for searches now? I don't know any one that has had their homes searched looking for legaly owned weapons. I don't think CCW licensed people will be the first they search. I think they would go after people who have large gaps in their employment history first.

I think when Hillary takes office the AWB will go into affect for good. Does that make me upset yes and I wont be able to afford many guns before this takes affect. I am hoping to to purchase an AR-10 with lots of mags before January 09.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Well, I wouldn't want the posts to drop off at 6 months. With luck, we will get a real Conservative in the Whitehouse (not that turncoat motherf****er Juliani). If not, well I can see everything going to hell real quick and its possible some of our rifles won't have to stay burried that long. I don't mean a revolution or anything that dramatic, instead I mean the US backing out of the Middle East and leaving it wide open for Iran & China. If we were suddenly denied M.E. oil or it suddenly rose tenfold in price.....well, it would get ugly in the big cities real fast. I think we would adjust eventually, I'm not a full fledged "Peak Oil Doomer" but I think for up to a year, the US could become "Katrina Land". I mean how long did it take the savages to start raping and pillaging after the lights went out? My appologies, I digress......

I forgot about google caching like Alex said, but how long do they cache sites for? If it is more than a year, then my idea is moot. Still it wouldn't hurt to wipe the classfieds section and maybe the rifle and pistol threads. After that maybe everybody could police up the rest of their own posts as needed. (like this thread - strapping on tin foil hat now - screw you guys, Imma go dig a trench and wait for the mothership!!)

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It seems as if some people are fairly confident that Hilary will become our next president. I think it is still too early to tell, but I am concerned. And on a lighter note... I heard today on Fox news that the Hilary Clinton Halloween mask was voted the most scary out of all of the presidential candidates.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    The guys that signed the Declaration of Independence did so knowing that they were risking execution as traitors.

I look to them and the feel silly worrying about the .gov knowing I have a firearm.

That's just how I look at it, YMMV.

3wbdriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Leesville
    I love that rifle! Although it is scary ugly, it is SO PRACTICAL! How reliable is that Kel Tec carbine and do just any glock 9mm mags fit it or just G17s?

This particular one is the .40S&W version for Glock 22 mags, and I only use 15 rounders. The G17 version will accept G17 or G18 (33rd) mags. Were you to buy a G19 gripped one, it would accept any 9mm Glock magazine from that pistol up. Very reliable, sub 4" groups at 100 yds. Which ain't bad for factory pistol ammo.

It's my favorite plinker.

;)

TowTruck

Jared
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs
    :knock at the door:
    police: Mr. Varnado we are here to take your guns from you
    Mr. Varnado: sorry I sold them last week
    police: can I search you house
    Mr. Varnado: not without a warrant
    Mr. Varnado: are you going to turn in your side arm
    police: I don't have to I'm the law

I am not the smartest redneck in the world but I really don't see how its possible for them to legally take our guns. Secondly if they possible pass the law they will have to do alot of searching for my family arsonal due to we have 300 achres in MS and 100 achres in denham that a bunker could be burried.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    The folks at Waco no doubt thought the same thing. And they did give a good accounting of themselves; right up until the FBI stepped on the concept of posse comitatus and brought in military hardware.

How long do you think you could hold out against a main battle tank and explosive pyrotechnics???

Not trying to ridicule your thoughts; but anyone who DOESN'T fear the government simply has not been around government employees enough...

It is not that I don't understand that, it is that I believe this more firmly:

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
    29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
    30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
    31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Top Bottom