6.5 Grendel barrel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    A friend is looking to build a grendel to use as a hunting gun. He wanted 20", but they arnt available in his price range without cutting and threading. Has anyone used a the AR-stoner barrel bolt combo in a 18" build? Also, why the hell is it threaded 9/16-24? that is the most asinine thing to do in my book. it shouldve been 5/8-24 and just run 30cal breaks. Or small enough to let you make an adapter to 5/8-24 for cans.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I've got a 24" takeout, no bolt, that came out of my Overwatch upper. I wasn't happy with the accuracy so I put in a Shilen match grade. Your friend can have it for the shipping charges (unless you are in the Shreveport/Bossier area).

rabiddawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Send your friend to 6.5grendel.com they have a classified section.

Adam Lilja posts from time to time about barrels they have available so he may want to contact Lilja.

Precision Firearms (with an s ) is also a big supporter and supposedly makes some very high quality guns/parts.

Two weeks ago I bought a 19.5" lilja in stainless from a 6.5 member. If he is patient barrels pop up fairly regular.

My 16" Alex. Arms may have a Stoner barrel and it shoots .5 moa with factory hornady sst's. I'm just not sure who made the barrel for AA or if they make their own.

I will bet you this, it will become his favorite.

JDIZZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Central La
    I've got a 24" takeout, no bolt, that came out of my Overwatch upper. I wasn't happy with the accuracy so I put in a Shilen match grade. Your friend can have it for the shipping charges (unless you are in the Shreveport/Bossier area).
    Doug, I am in Monroe, in desperate need of a 24" for a budget build!!

Top Bottom