Airsoft picture thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I have discovered gas blow back airsoft pistols and they are great. Here are a few from my collection. The first one is a full metal Luger that I have upgraded with real wood repro grips that had to be modified to fit, but make it look like the real deal. Very cool watching the toggle function with each shot. Next is a Colt single action that uses real metal shells that you load the bbs into. It has full colt markings and imitation ivory grips. Next is a Detonics .45 made by Tokyo Marui with all markings and last is my Colt 1991A1 compact that is set up almost exactly like my actual Colt 45. The 1911s have a nice kick when fired and are very accurate.
    PICT0002.jpgPICT0007.jpgPICT0016.jpgPICT0022.jpg

Last edited:

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Here are some more gas blow back airsoft pistols. First up is a Colt MK IV series 70 in bright nickel from Tokyo Marui. It is ABS plastic, but the nickel finish looks as real as the finish on my nickel Python. Next is a Colt MK IV series 80 slide on a Para P-14 double stack frame. An interesting if not real combination that allows a 24 round double stack bb mag to be used. Last is a Novak NeXt 1911 in 2 tone with mock suppressor on a threaded barrel by SoCom Gear. The mock suppressor with the blowback makes it seem as if you are really firing a suppressed 1911. The finish on this full metal pistol fooled a friend of mine into thinking it was real until he dropped the mag.
    PICT0032.jpgPICT0025.jpgPICT0043.jpg

Last edited:

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    These are spring powered, but are still cool. First is a standard Colt 1911 military style in full metal. Looks and feels like the real deal. Next is the Rick Grimes Walking Dead 6 inch stainless Colt Python. It is ABS and does not have the Colt markings, but is still one good looking pistol. Next is a Smith and Wesson 1911 with metal frame and ABS slide. For a springer as they are known it shoots very hard and is very accurate. Last is the James Bond Walther PPK.
    PICT0047.jpgPICT0012.jpgPICT0053.jpgPICT0062.jpg

Last edited:

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    here are 2 new airsoft gas pistols. The Mauser does not have the blowback feature, but is full metal with a working safety and hammer. The Taurus is exactly like one I used to own in 9mm. It has an amazing double action trigger and is also full metal.
    PICT0010.jpgPICT0005.jpg

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    More airsoft gas blowback pistols

More new gas blowback airsoft pistols. first a full metal railed Sig P-229 that shoots really well, next is a Tanaka Works Sig P-229 also full metal without a rail, next is a hard ABS plastic Sig P-226 that shoots really well for an entry level all ABS GBB and last is a Maruzen Walther PPK/S also ABS but nicely polished to look like metal.
    PICT0016.jpgPICT0021.jpgPICT0025.jpgPICT0047.jpg

Last edited:

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Airsoft pistols

More new Airsoft guns. First up is a Tokyo Marui Colt Python made of ABS plastic with a six inch barrel. It has a very cool feature in that you load 4 bbs into each replica cartridge and fill it with gas from the bottom of the grip and you can fire 24 shots double or single action with a very realistic trigger pull. Next up is a full metal railed Caspian 1911 made by TSD Tactical, next is a Colt National Match 1911 made by Cybergun that is ABS plastic but very accurate and last is a matched set of Taurus PT-92 AFs in full metal by Cybergun also. PICT0040.jpgPICT0055.jpgPICT0061.jpgPICT0029.jpg

Last edited:

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    airsoft modifications

These are a couple of pistols that I already posted but this shows some of the modifications that are possible. There are many aftermarket parts suppliers for repair or upgrade parts and you can customize most airsoft guns just like the real steel. I added a silver compensator to my Novak Next 1911 and a black one to my Colt MK IV and also added a threaded barrel for adding a mock suppressor.
    PICT0079.jpgPICT0075.jpgPICT0082.jpg

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Airsoft Machine Guns

Another new discovery is the full metal electric gear driven semi and full auto machine guns. I have always really been a fan of the iconic Thompson .45 cal submachine gun and now I have three airsoft ones. One is the military M1A1 with the straight forend grip and stick magazine and the other 2 are 1928 models with the pistol grip forend, finned barrel with the Cutt`s compensator and use the drum magazine. These things shoot awesome and weigh about 7.5 pounds so they feel really solid. I also have a full metal M-14 and a full metal M-4 that I just added a red dot sight to. Both of these are pretty heavy as well and other than the stock on the M-14 and the forend grip on the M-4 they are all metal even the mags. The M-4 is unbelievably accurate with the red dot sight able to hit a quarter sized target at 30 feet (thats all the room I have on my indoor shooting gallery)
    PICT0001.jpgPICT0005.jpg

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I had no idea that all of this was available. Interesting. Are they like BB/pellet guns so you can target shoot and hunt small game? What muzzle velocity and size projectiles? Approximate price range?

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I had no idea that all of this was available. Interesting. Are they like BB/pellet guns so you can target shoot and hunt small game? What muzzle velocity and size projectiles? Approximate price range?

They are plastic and usually bio degradable BB's, normally 0.20g. Velocity of the weapon depends on the quality and internals of what you buy. 400+ fps is a higher-end, usually gas or Electric piston driven. Lower-end models are spring loaded.

These style weapons usually mimic the actual firearms to the T and more expensive models even replicate functionality... actions, gear, etc. I have an M4 and a G19 that are exact replicas of my actual weapons. I use them for practice and drills at home where firing weapons is frowned upon. :) They can be setup with large capacity magazines, authentic optics (There are replica Trijicon, Aimpoint, etc. devices out there that are a fraction of the cost of the real optics, made for Airsoft)... in most cases, they replicate the real firearm so well, accessories can be utilized on either (though expensive). For example, my first Airsoft M4 was all plastic, but a 1:1 replica of a real M4 rifle. So all of my Magpul furniture worked on it (stocks, handguards, sights, etc). Now, Magpul used to even make a set of their accessories specifically designed for Airsoft and instead of MOE it as PTS (Professional Training and Simulation). They have since separated from that division (though the company still exists and produces replica hardware)

Both are full metal and all realistic functions (aside from firing live ammo), weight, feel, etc. There is a large community that "practice" or have matches using these firearms in a MilSim type environment.

Unless you're point blank, it shouldn't puncture anyone's skin... so I would not recommend them for hunting even small game. If you're interested in metal BB/Pellet rifles/pistols that replicate actual firearms, they do have them out there, though limited and actually not as realistic.

Prices vary again based on features and realism (real wood, metal, functionality). My Glock 19 was nearly $200 before tax and my M4 (the metal one) was just under $400. You can pick up a lot of them on Craigslist or Classified ads for a lot cheaper. Academy also has a large selection of them. My first AR was purchased at Wal-Mart and was $150-ish.

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.

Great response from kingfhb. I also find that it is a lot cheaper to own an airsoft version of many real steel guns I could not afford. I have not participated in any airsoft skirmishes (yet) but am interested in trying to do that at some time.There are places in Gonzales and in Zachary where you can skirmish. For now I just enjoy shooting holes in paper targets and soda cans hanging in a box with several layers of styrofoam in the back of the box to catch the BBs. Heres what it looks like before and after a few mags of full auto. The cans on the right are pierced through the center with a piece of stiff wire so they will spin when shot. I can keep all three spinning and the other 3 swinging at 30 feet.
    PICT0007.jpgPICT0001.jpg
    The first gas blowback I purchased was the 1911 compact because that is the actual pistol I carry most of the time so it made sense to have a low cost alternative to practice handling and reloads etc. After I got into shooting it I started looking at other pistols I would like to own and just started going nuts buying all kinds. I am definitely addicted now. A full metal gas blowback will start at about 100 bucks for a nice one and can range up to several hundred. Just like the real steel there are some makes and models that are discontinued and go for premium prices. It is amazing the number of different pistol types that are available in airsoft versions.

Last edited:

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    New guns

I got 2 new airsoft rifles for christmas. I have always liked the Steyr Aug and this airsoft version functions and disassembles just like the real thing with a quick release barrel and 1 pin takedown, a trigger that fires single shot on an easy press and full auto when fully pressed. It has all the weight in the butt just like the real deal and a folding front grip. The other new gun is a Swiss Arms Sig SG552 with a side folding stock. It is a cheaper version made of plastic mostly, but it shoots pretty good and is light weight. I like the compact size of it.
    PICT0001.jpgPICT0006.jpgPICT0010.jpgPICT0011.jpg

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    New pistols

I got 2 new airsoft pistols for christmas. First is a Marushin made Colt Anaconda .44 magnum 8 inch barrel gas powered pistol. It has actual metal cartridges that hold 1 bb each and can be loaded and unloaded like real ammo. Very nice silver finish and all Colt markings. Very accurate with the 8 inch barrel and adjustable sights. Being gas powered it will fire single or double action. It will shoot 30 or more times on a charge of propane. The next is one of my favorite guns that I could probably never afford the real deal a Marushin made AMT Automag .44 magnum semi auto in a silver finish just like the one Clint used in Sudden Impact, in fact the model name from Marushin is the 44 Automag Clint1. Now this being "the most powerful handgun in the world" and all it is fitting that it shoots 8mm bbs and not 6mm like all the others (also found out there is a version of the Anaconda that shoots 8mm as well, mine shoots 6mm) It came in a very nice fitted aluminum case. I have not shot it yet (had to order some 8mm bbs) but I imagine it will hit pretty hard.
    PICT0029.jpgPICT0031.jpgPICT0018.jpgPICT0020.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom