Preworkout

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Anyone use one? I have heard a lot of people talk lately about how awesome they are. I have personally never really seen the need for one, but with all the hype I am looking to get opinions. Thoughts peepz?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've used them, but I'm not a fan.

My "pre workout" is 200mg of caffeine, 5g creatine combined with 20 low GI carbs and 10g of simple carbs. It's been the best for me, and my stomach. White flood, jack3d, etc all gave me stomach pains.

When I was a trainer I used to get tons of free samples n stuff, Assault by MusclePharm was my favorite "product".

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I used to use them. No more for me. I've been really good at motivating myself for the last couple years. If I need an extra "kick" I'll pop a caffeine pill and watch a workout motivation video on youtube. 100 caffeine pills ~$8. 100 servings of preworkout drank ~$100. I honestly can't tell a difference in the two. I did take beta-alanine for a bit....made my lips and skin tingle which was cool/weird.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I used to use them. No more for me. I've been really good at motivating myself for the last couple years. If I need an extra "kick" I'll pop a caffeine pill and watch a workout motivation video on youtube. 100 caffeine pills ~$8. 100 servings of preworkout drank ~$100. I honestly can't tell a difference in the two. I did take beta-alanine for a bit....made my lips and skin tingle which was cool/weird.

thats how I should have stated mine. caffeine is the way to go.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    As in adenine triphosphate? I didn't know they even sold that by itself if so... And I know a lot about it from all of my damn bio classes haha.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Yes. Adenosine Triphosphate is the chemical in our bodies that fuels all muscular contractions, and for a simple explanation, when paired with creatine gives you a little more lifting before they say "no more".

Okay, well you're technically right, but red was talking about a product :P

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I've tried c4, mr hyde, dr jekyll, jack3d, rsp, etc.

Between all the coffee, pre workout, and xyience I drink, I think i'm immune to them.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I've tried a few but never used consistently...Don't remember the exact ones as they were mostly samples from the gym I go to and some that different people brought to work...Gave me a "lift" on those days when I had the "I don't wanna" but I've pretty much quit taking them altogether and just try to pump myself up mentally instead.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Pennington Biomed did a study on a way to naturally induce men to lift more... (how do I sign up for this one?)

tumblr_m7dthyRKMp1qaw44ro1_1280.jpg

Legitimate science says it floods release of testosterone, ATP, etc due to bodies natural reaction. The number was like +93% increase or something.

Science is awesome.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yes. Adenosine Triphosphate is the chemical in our bodies that fuels all muscular contractions, and for a simple explanation, when paired with creatine gives you a little more lifting before they say "no more".

Okay, well you're technically right, but red was talking about a product :P

I was like WTF?!! If they sold pure ATP that would be super freaking awesome assuming it could go into muscles easily.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Pennington Biomed did a study on a way to naturally induce men to lift more... (how do I sign up for this one?)

tumblr_m7dthyRKMp1qaw44ro1_1280.jpg

Legitimate science says it floods release of testosterone, ATP, etc due to bodies natural reaction to contact. The number was like +93% increase or something.

Science is awesome.

I feel like this is something off of the "BroScience" FB or IG page...

That being said, I will most certainly be willing to give that a shot. I don't think my gf would be too fond of that idea though.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I feel like this is something off of the "BroScience" FB or IG page...

That being said, I will most certainly be willing to give that a shot. I don't think my gf would be too fond of that idea though.

I think it does work, but more for the "hot chick in my lap, must lift like a man" - not about chemical reactions.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Preworkout / caffeine works, but I don't think it's good to get dependent on that stuff (literature supported). Save it if you're trying a PR or something.

I was like WTF?!! If they sold pure ATP that would be super freaking awesome assuming it could go into muscles easily.

It wouldn't do much. What you're thinking of is essentially what creatine does. Muscular ATP stores are extremely rapidly degraded and recycled. Creatine serves as a muscular phosphate store to prolong the duration which ATP can be rapidly regenerated before undergoing through other metabolic pathways.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm still running with a jar and a half of the old fashioned Jack3d. I stocked up when it was being taken away. When I run out of it, I'll figure something out, I guess. I got a /little/ time to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom