Looking for a lawyer...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    We got a letter from a timber company yesterday interested in buying the 100 acres we have in Alabama. However before we can think about selling it, we need to complete a succession on it. The land is in Lamar County Alabama, just on the Al side of the border along Hwy 96 from Columbus, MS. Do we need a lawyer from AL? Or can one from MS or LA do it? Any and all suggestions appreciated!

Dave

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    Any lawyer will do, did one handle any part of the estate? If ownership is established then property can be transacted regardless of a lawyer; you do not need a lawyer in/from Alabama.

Looking for a lawyer in Louisiana........the better trick is getting away from them. There are more listed in the phone book than MD's.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    My Dad used to do this type of work but is retired now. I asked him for you. He says you will need an Alabama ttorney, and it would be a good idea to have one familiar with the probate court in the county that the succession will be handled.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    My Dad used to do this type of work but is retired now. I asked him for you. He says you will need an Alabama ttorney, and it would be a good idea to have one familiar with the probate court in the county that the succession will be handled.

Yep. We got one in the county where the land is. I just need to find out how to get certified copies of the Louisiana succession and send them up to him. Then we need to find an appraiser to value the land.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    You ought to be able to get them from the clerk of court's office of the parish where the Louisiana succession was probated; and your Alabama lawyer probably has an appraiser he's worked with before.

Top Bottom