Harbour Freight --- [ I know..... I know ]

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    A lot of their stuff is just fine for what it is. I've got jack stands, a floor jack, and engine hoist, drill press..... they have been in my possession for a long time and they all work fine. If I had to buy all that stuff "made in the USA" I honestly just couldn't justify or afford it. I buy Made in the USA as much as practical, but for some things a cheap Made in China will just do fine.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I think many of us know what is acceptable at her or freight and what isn't. I do love that far t that I can get a tool that works for cheap. It's usually only used once in a while anyway. Thanks for the coupons!

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    The motorcycle lift table has been worth every penny I paid for it. If its a tool your only going to need / use once or twice a year, HF is the best deal in town.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Ive bought a few things from HF and in general they sell pretty good tools for household use. I read a review a while back of their big mechanic's set as compared to equitable Craftsman and Lowe's offerings... The review found the HF to be a terrific value and build quality was good.

They sell an upscale line of tools, regular grade and ultra cheap crappy stuff as well. The premium lines seem to be very nice. I would buy them. Also.. If they break, you can exchange them, so I can't see how you can lose.

I see HF tools (wrenches, sockets set, and screwdriver sets) offshore quite a bit.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I purchased one of the smaller floor jacks that I keep behind my rear seat in the Tundra. It has worked well when I've called upon it's services. Also, I have some hand wrenches which work fine. I don't make my living turning wrenches, and if I did I'd probably go a different route. However, ,they work well on the occasions I've used them.
    Pretty much what everyone has said or imagines, some of their items are a LOT BETTER than other items. I mean, how do you screw up on a chain. :)

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    Damn, thanks. I needed these because I accidentally let my last coupons expire. Do you know if these have an expiration date? I couldn't see one on the picture nor in any of the posts on the thread.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I think that these foreign governments make their people make that cheap **** just to give them something to keep busy.

Look what happened to this cheap screwdriver when I was using it to punch holes in Styrofoam. :p

Are you sure that the Styrofoam wasn't defective?

Carl.-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Plaquemine, LA
    Yup, they have some good stuff.... Grinder 5 years of pro use and abuse $29 still works, variable speed polisher 3 years $49 works, 2gallons air compressor $49 4 years now dead but I had a dewalt that broke down in less than a year. Cordless drills, paint sprayers, anything with NiCd batteries is better to let it be at the store, some hand tools are good, others are crap no way to tell til you buy, those diamond sharpening pads are pure beauty, I use them for sharpening knives, glass work, ceramic tiles.... They last forever.... Just my experience.

If you try to make a buck in construction paying your taxes insurance and Ss and there are all those illegal immigrants working for nothing and keeping every dollar they make, i cant be peeky on my tool, a cheap hard working tool is a good tool i dont care where was made

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Many times I've used their coupons at Home Depot to "Match Competitor Discount"...The last thing I bought was a $600 Rigid Tablesaw and ended up with 35% off with my military discount + Harbor Freight coupon. I always go to the one on Coursey and purchase at the Pro Desk to avoid some of the normal talent at the regular registers.

I use quite a few of the Harbor Freight tools now for areas that I don't use often enough for higher end products and they've rarely let me down...Maybe I've been lucky!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Got one for cutting arrows. Works like a dream.
    I have one of these as well. As I have 2 aluminum jigs one for 7.62x25 and one for 300 black. I giot from the guy on 300blcktalk and castboolts.
    And the extra blades were 10 bucks less the 20% off so got 3 extra blades for 8 bucks that are still sitting on the side line. As the one that came with it cuts well stil
    I do use quality tools as i work on cars for real and hate cheap tools if ya really use them.
    For the average joe who does not really use tools they would be ok

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom