Manual transmissions getting rarer in the US

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    6.2 gets a bad rap. It was never meant for power, it was meant for fuel savings and if not over revved would last a long time.
    It was much more manageable with the sm465 than with the array of autos that could be had with it though.

The 6.2L paid the price because of the bad rep of the converted 350 in the cars, a friend had an Olds or Buick with the converted 350 and had continuous problems.

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    6.2 gets a bad rap. It was never meant for power, it was meant for fuel savings and if not over revved would last a long time.
    It was much more manageable with the sm465 than with the array of autos that could be had with it though.

Mine came with a 700r4 from the factory which went out not long after I bought the vehicle. I knew the input shaft seal was leaking when I purchased it and expected a transmission job in the near future. I had a local shop rebuild it when I put the turbo on and it lasted about a year or so. I have a feeling it was a shoddy rebuild, but the extra torque, larger tires, and high gearing of 3.42:1 did not help. I had a shop out of florida build my next one and I regeared to 4.10:1 and have had no problems since. I have a 1 ton set of axles that need to go under it (dana60/14bolt , 4.56:1 gearing) along with a NP205 transfer case. I also have the SM465 that came with the rest of the gear, Im just not sure I want to switch to a manual from the auto.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    They have no power curve. 100% of the power and torque is available immediately. And I'm not too sure on the transmission, whether they have direct drive or if it even goes through a tranny.

Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step shall be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge.

It was hilarious watching it leap off the line and destroy those TT AWD cars. If there's one thing I ever enjoyed at the track its watching someone that wrote a check for their 12 second car whine and cry about losing with it. If you've never heard the song of a gallardo owner excusing losses to every 4 and 6cyl at the track, it is sweet sweet music.

I'm sorry that the salesman told you that your jag/porsche/audi/lambo would be the fastest thing here tonight. To be fair, it looks pretty dang good in the staging lanes...

Top Bottom