Are there good but cheap ammo sellers at the gun show in Kenner?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GatShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2014
    Metaire LA
    Just wondering if there are any reputable and cheap ammo sellers at the "Southern Gun and Knife Show" that's going to be in Kenner this Sunday the 21st?

Also, anyone here know anyone that reloads ammo and sells to locals?

Specifically 9mm and .380

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Those gun shows have gone to crap. Bunch of idiots asking triple price. It's gotten to the point where I just use the door charge towards my lunch and shop online, usually comes out cheaper even with shipping.

whodat247

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Mandeville
    Those gun shows have gone to crap. Bunch of idiots asking triple price. It's gotten to the point where I just use the door charge towards my lunch and shop online, usually comes out cheaper even with shipping.

Went to my first one a few months ago. Not looking for anything special mainly just ammo but knowing if I saw a good deal on a firearm I'd probably pull the trigger per say and buy one. But man I was absolutely shocked at the prices. I don't go to Academy for ammo anymore, can't do it. The ammo is so overpriced it's not worth the gas money to keep going there and checking. But man the prices I was looking at during the gun show was WORSE than at Academy!! Honestly, it's like these guys went to Academy, bought up all the ammo they could, and then went to the gun show and marked it up a buck or two. And to think I paid $10 to even get in that place. What a waste.

Last edited:

GatShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2014
    Metaire LA

Well, I have a spreadsheet of different concealable guns and want to see each in person, hold them etc. Then I'll just camp online for a deal.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Went to my first one a few months ago. Not looking for anything special mainly just ammo but knowing if I saw a good deal on a firearm I'd probably pull the trigger per say and buy one. But man I was absolutely shocked at the prices. I don't go to Academy for ammo anymore, can't do it. The ammo is so overpriced it's not worth the gas money to keep going there and checking. But man the prices I was looking at during the gun show was WORSE than at Academy!! Honestly, it's like these guys went to Academy, bought up all the ammo they could, and then went to the gun show and marked it up a buck or two. And to think I paid $10 to even get in that place. What a waste.

thats exactly what they did. all those scrubs that people rage about online... the ones "buying up all the ammo"? They head there and setup a table so all the "angry" people can wait in line to buy it from them. Meanwhile, they get more angry about walmart not having any on the shelf.

Never mention that they PAID MONEY just to get into the door so they could wait in line to buy the marked up ammo. The circle of stupid never stops.

Last edited:

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Do you guys ever try to ask them for a lower price for cash? Gun shows arent like they used to be but you guys make them sound like a damn company store at a coal mine or something. I just went to the last gun show at Lamar Dixon and bought 500 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39 for 110 dollars cash. I saved on shipping costs, and I brought my ammo home that day. I bought a Magpul AK grip for 20 dollars, which is the going rate. If you want to add in the 8 dollars I paid to get in to the show then I paid 118 for the ammo which is 23 cents a round. I guess if you really want to complain then you can google the hell out of it and find it for lower, then add to cart to see shipping then disagree with the rate, then go to another website and all of that. Me? I'd rather pay 5 or 10% more, and have it in hand.

Oh yeah, insert beef jerky/dreamcatchers/chinese knives/stun gun jokes somewhere in there so I fit in.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge

Triple the price? Really? That equates to 33 dollar P Mags, 1500 dollar WASR's, 3000 dollar Colt 6920's, and 86 cents a round for .223! Man, I must have missed seeing that :rolleyes:. Just stay home, will make it easier for me to navigate the aisles.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Do you guys ever try to ask them for a lower price for cash? Gun shows arent like they used to be but you guys make them sound like a damn company store at a coal mine or something. I just went to the last gun show at Lamar Dixon and bought 500 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39 for 110 dollars cash. I saved on shipping costs, and I brought my ammo home that day. I bought a Magpul AK grip for 20 dollars, which is the going rate. If you want to add in the 8 dollars I paid to get in to the show then I paid 118 for the ammo which is 23 cents a round. I guess if you really want to complain then you can google the hell out of it and find it for lower, then add to cart to see shipping then disagree with the rate, then go to another website and all of that. Me? I'd rather pay 5 or 10% more, and have it in hand.

Oh yeah, insert beef jerky/dreamcatchers/chinese knives/stun gun jokes somewhere in there so I fit in.

If it was 5% more I'd be inclined to agree. Convenience is valuable. Thing is, every time I've been in recent memory it seems like a new group of a-holes selling .22 for up to 50 cents a round, or trying to get $1500 for a bushmaster. When the building is full of idiots trying to screw people, eventually ya just stop going.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Triple the price? Really? That equates to 33 dollar P Mags, 1500 dollar WASR's, 3000 dollar Colt 6920's, and 86 cents a round for .223! Man, I must have missed seeing that :rolleyes:. Just stay home, will make it easier for me to navigate the aisles.

Welp, seeing as how I can shop that entire building with an ipad, far faster, and never get F*d on the price- all while enjoying wings and watching the game, I'll do that! Enjoy your aisles!

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If it was 5% more I'd be inclined to agree. Convenience is valuable. Thing is, every time I've been in recent memory it seems like a new group of a-holes selling .22 for up to 50 cents a round, or trying to get $1500 for a bushmaster. When the building is full of idiots trying to screw people, eventually ya just stop going.

You have to think of what time we live in. Everyone and their Mom wants an AR..."THEY WILL BE GONE SOON CUZ OBAMA". Most people have not a clue what they are looking for in an AR nor the price of ammunition. Used to, gun people were gun people. Gun people kept up with things, knew their stuff, and the prices asked reflected that. Now if I have a table with a 1500 dollar Bushmaster and some dumbass wants to buy it so he can be like the guy on Call of Duty then by all means here you go sir and thank you for your business. At the same time, if you for God knows what reason want a Bushmaster, and you offer him current amount then 90 percent of the time he will work with you. It's like asking 200k for a house, if you get then that's great. But you KNOW you will probably get 180k, and are fine with that.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Welp, seeing as how I can shop that entire building with an ipad, far faster, and never get F*d on the price- all while enjoying wings and watching the game, I'll do that! Enjoy your aisles!

I will. Just like I will enjoy handling firearms that I am interested in, but can not find locally. I will enjoy seeing what people are carrying around trying to sell (the best deals ever come from this). I will enjoy the people watching, and I will enjoy seeing some of the REAL WWII memorabilia that is there that I may have not seen before.

Also to OP, I'd advise you not to buy reloads from someone you do not know.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    You have to think of what time we live in. Everyone and their Mom wants an AR..."THEY WILL BE GONE SOON CUZ OBAMA". Most people have not a clue what they are looking for in an AR nor the price of ammunition. Used to, gun people were gun people. Gun people kept up with things, knew their stuff, and the prices asked reflected that. Now if I have a table with a 1500 dollar Bushmaster and some dumbass wants to buy it so he can be like the guy on Call of Duty then by all means here you go sir and thank you for your business. At the same time, if you for God knows what reason want a Bushmaster, and you offer him current amount then 90 percent of the time he will work with you. It's like asking 200k for a house, if you get then that's great. But you KNOW you will probably get 180k, and are fine with that.

Being wise gun guys, why not just buy it online and save having the conversation at all? I mean, you've gotta give up half your day and pay a cover charge just for the benefit of haggling that crap down. You've kind of validated my entire outlook on gun shows: its where the uninformed go to "get gun stuff", and at the "uninformed" price.

Maybe this is just an elaborate way of me saying I miss the good ol days.

edit: just saw your post. I'll concede that it IS fun to go molest all the guns. I seldom ever purchase there though. (other than holsters/knives from my usuals)

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    First off, I assume you like to exaggerate? 3x prices? Half my day? No, not at all. No FFL, no shipping, no waiting, typically no tax for cash...to me these are what we call ADVANTAGES.

If you don't like going then you don't like going, but enough with the circlejerk of certain topics on BayouShooter. You miss the good old days of gun shows? I miss the good old days of BayouShooter.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    First off, I assume you like to exaggerate? 3x prices? Half my day? No, not at all. No FFL, no shipping, no waiting, typically no tax for cash...to me these are what we call ADVANTAGES.

If you don't like going then you don't like going, but enough with the circlejerk of certain topics on BayouShooter. You miss the good old days of gun shows? I miss the good old days of BayouShooter.

In all fairness b3, you did post a reply to an "Off Topic" thread. And even though in your opinion, the wabbit could be full of mularky; his comments were germane to the OP's question. If guys have experience with these shows, good or bad, it can help some people know what they might expect; if and/or when they encounter it.

Top Bottom