Tulane hospital

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Anyone work here?

I had surgery this morning, and, well, so far Atleast I have no complaint about the surgery, but what's happened since....let's just say I'm not comfortable posting because of how this might go down.

So if anyone is a "muck a muck" or "grand poomba" or has anything to do with handing complaints about care, or the way things were handled.... Please PM me.

Because later.....

Please excise writing, drugs and pain, I rewrote each line 2x due what could see.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Sorry to hear about the surgery... hope all is going well in that department.

Tulane has some great doctors (Raju Thomas is a miracle worker if you ever need a urologist).
    Not sure what problems you are having but I'd scream for the floor nurse or head nurse. If that doesn't work call your doctor. He works there and has pull, not to mention you and your health care provider are paying him enough to cover his next serveral mercedes payments. Get him, or his resident involved.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Spinal surgery.

To start:
    AFTER I went under a different doctor did the surgery. (I can nly assume it was the right surgery as I cannot get answers)
    Lack of care, meds, following surgery, I still not have answers 21 hours later.

I'll not say more till till I have sme answers.

Got a PM response, we will see where it leads.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I would start with the charge nurse, then unit director and then D.O.N. Also, see if they have a patient advocate.

Surgeon - which surgeon was listed on your consent for surgery? If not the one that did the surgery then that adds to your complaint.

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    Ouch! Best wishes for a speedy recovery! The old Creoleman knows a little about spinal surgery, although E.J. General did a bang-up job of taking care of me, a few years back. Sorry it's not the same for you.

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    Had a family friend sent there for a major head injury and it was the single most frustrating experience we've ever dealt with. Total incompetence and apathy everywhere below the actual doctors (they were good).

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Tell a nurse you would like to speak to the patient advocate.

If they don't have one, sweetly ask how much trouble it would be to get an extra chair and a small table for your attorney and his stenographer.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Sorry to hear about the surgery... hope all is going well in that department.

Tulane has some great doctors (Raju Thomas is a miracle worker if you ever need a urologist).
    Not sure what problems you are having but I'd scream for the floor nurse or head nurse. If that doesn't work call your doctor. He works there and has pull, not to mention you and your health care provider are paying him enough to cover his next serveral mercedes payments. Get him, or his resident involved.

I've taken a friend down there a few times to see Dr. Hellstrom

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I'm afraid this has become the new standard for healthcare in America. PPOs low ball what they pay Hospitals and doctor's offices for procedures. If the hospitals and doctors don't accept those fees they can't be a PPO provider. If you're not in the PPO patients won't be coming to your office or hospital. So they sign up for these PPOs and try to figure out where to cut costs so they can at least cover their overhead. They can't cut a lot of their costs but the one thing they can cut is payroll. So you have fewer nurses on the floors, fewer aides and clerks to help them treat patients. Obamacare just put a bigger squeeze on Hospitals and doctor's offices that haven't kicked in completely yet. Expect things to get worse.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Well, I hope your procedure is a success and a speedy recovery. I am unimpressed with Tulane. I know someone who was being treated there, liver transplant. The dr.s ignored his eye bulging out of his head until he completely lost his vision over several weeks while enduring constant pain. He eventually expired and the dr.s were no longer necessary for his non-recovery or to listen to his constant whining about his head pain. He was labeled a "drug seeker" and I think this is why the staff ignored his degrading health. He developed a fungal infection in his brain and sinus probably worsened by non-treatment and his immune system compromised by transplant anti-rejection drug therapy.

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    If it's possible there Nomad ,keep us updated. I hope again for your speedy recovery.

My understanding is TULANE took over duties as the temporary Charity Hospital until the new one is built. Their patient care reflexes it.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Nomad, there's folks out here praying for you.

Know you're occupied, right now. Still worried that we haven't heard anything. When you feel up to it, just say hi.

Hang tough, we got faith. PM me if I can bring you anything or help some way.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Sorry, ialive, concious, and out of the hospital.
    Got some things documented and will worry about straitening things out when I'm better, gkt bigger priorities now.

5 pound weight limit for the next 3 months.

deltaphisig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Common for a resident physician to perform or assist while the attending watches and/or guides. Hopefully, that is what you mean by another doctor performed the procedure after you went asleep. That is covered in the consent signed for admission.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Common for a resident physician to perform or assist while the attending watches and/or guides. Hopefully, that is what you mean by another doctor performed the procedure after you went asleep. That is covered in the consent signed for admission.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This.... Was not that.
    Sorry keeping quiet for now.

Top Bottom