WMDs in Iraq and did we really screw up. V. Long read.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    That crap is all over there. In the soil, in the water. I was exposed to it and have problems with skin irritation on my arms from it. We think it was in the water.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    When I got to this part, that was all I needed to see.

The American government withheld word about its discoveries even from troops it sent into harm’s way and from military doctors. The government’s secrecy, victims and participants said, prevented troops in some of the war’s most dangerous jobs from receiving proper medical care and official recognition of their wounds.

You don't volunteer to "serve" your country to be poisoned and then discarded and discredited. This wasn't WWI where you were conscripted to die in a trench.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I'm not surprised. I'm sure that the government tried to keep it hush hush. But the real crime is when the VA won't treat or give the vets disability.

trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood
    The problems bringing these weapons to the public's attention at the time were several fold.

1. They weren't the weapons we were told they had (remember the goose chase for the uranium the British Intelligence Service sent us on? You know, the stuff that was THE #1 REASON to get into Iraq?). The stuff that ultimately did not exist?
    2. These weapons were old. So old in fact, that we (the U.S. and other Western Powers), provided valuable advice and guidance in their manufacture during their war with Iran.
    3. Chemical weapons that we provided assistance in manufacturing are not exactly WMDs, no matter how grizzly their effects on the battlefield. They certainly were not the nuclear program we were told they had and that we never discovered substantive evidence that they continued after our inspectors oversaw the disassembling of prior to our invasion. I believe the closest we came to WMDs was an incomplete high speed centrifuge they'd ordered from France and only received 25% of the shipment on before the embargo kicked in.

I don't believe there was a cover up, I just don't think at the time these items were newsworthy. More of an embarrassment than support for our crusade.

Top Bottom