Police say tests show teen shot by St. Louis officer had gun residue on hands

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whodat247

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Mandeville
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-tests-show-teen-shot-st-louis-officer-003426792.html

St. Louis (Reuters) - A black teenager fatally shot last week in St. Louis by an off-duty police officer had gunshot residue on his hands, jeans and T-shirt, according to crime lab results released on Tuesday after four days of protests in the city against police violence.

The killing of 18-year-old Vonderrit Myers by a white officer last Wednesday intensified the demonstrations over the deadly Aug. 9 shooting of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown by a white police officer in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson.

Police said previously that Myers shot at least three times at the off-duty officer who was working with a security company and that Myers' weapon was recovered at the scene. The officer's name has not been released. Family and friends of Myers have said he did not have a gun.
    '

Let me guess, the gun residue on his hands, shirt and jeans were "planted" by police.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-tests-show-teen-shot-st-louis-officer-003426792.html

'

Let me guess, the gun residue on his hands, **** and jeans were "planted" by police.

old story. he was out on bond for possession of stolen firearms and resisting arrest in a separate event.

that is, if we are discussing the same case. It's always amazing how when regular bad stuff happens "no one saw anything and no one wants to press charges", but when someone gets shot people that were miles away know definitively what happened and whether or not the guy was armed.

Just. Amazing.

Last edited:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Shot at close range with his hands up and out front!
    That's how he got residue on them and his cloths!! ;-)

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I shouldn't, but I did. lol

http://www.theonion.com/articles/police-pleasantly-surprised-to-learn-man-they-shot,37170/

LEXINGTON, KY—Following a pedestrian stop Monday night during which they fired their weapons on a suspicious individual, patrol officers for the Fayette County Police Department were pleasantly surprised to discover the man they shot was armed, sources confirmed. “Well, what do you know—he really was carrying a gun,” said officer Dustin Hayes, smiling upon finding a 9mm pistol on the body of the 23-year-old individual shortly after the policeman and his partner discharged their firearms a total of 19 times. “I honestly had no idea if he had a handgun, so it’s pretty great to find one right there tucked into his waistband. This makes the rest of our week a whole lot easier.” Officers said they were further relieved after discovering the man had a petty theft charge on his record, ensuring they were 100 percent off the hook.

Top Bottom