Bullets and Bows

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Located in Rayne, Louisiana. I have bought multiple firearms from them and I don't THINK anyone has done a vendor review on their store here (correct me if I'm wrong).

A family business with a good selection at reasonable prices. I would refer them to anyone in the Acadia and Lafayette Parish area. I grew up outside of Rayne and they have been around as long as I can remember.

The thing I respect most about their shop is when Sandy Hook happened and everyone else was asking an arm and a leg for a basic AR-15 rifles, mags and ammo (I shopped around from Lafayette to Baton Rouge) Bullets and Bows never inflated their prices. Because of this they had a (long) waiting list for buyers and the rifles that they did receive were sold before they ever hit the shelves. I know multiple people that purchased Stag and Windham AR-15s from them in the middle of the "assult rifle" ban scare (a couple of months after SH shooting) for $800. Everywhere else I went (shops in Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and at gun shows) had plenty of AR rifles, but it was because they were asking $500+ more than Bullets and Bows was asking for the same rifle. Mag prices and ammo prices were laughable at other places, but Bullets and Bows was reasonable on their prices, granted they had to limit the amount of ammo and mags you could buy in one day, they still did right by their customers.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    My only issue with bullets and bows is their laughable transfer fee- $35 if i remember correctly. That alone deters what would otherwise be weekly business for me.

Otherwise, never had a problem with them

Neil09

Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I agree with all above, but don't consider $35 laughable. I won't say any names, but the last rifle I purchased online we t through a Lafayette FFL for $25, but I will gladly pay $10 more next time to go somewhere else.

madwabbit

Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I agree with all above, but don't consider $35 laughable. I won't say any names, but the last rifle I purchased online we t through a Lafayette FFL for $25, but I will gladly pay $10 more next time to go somewhere else.

there's a half dozen ffl's in acadiana (some on this site) that transfer for half that or less. Poor business mentality leads these guys to think that they are losing the $ on the firearm sale, so they try to deter transfers. What they don't understand is that when I go somewhere else to transfer my gun I also pickup ammo, targets, magazines, and anything they might have on sale. It's also a great opportunity to upsell during the transfer: "next time ya buy a gun call me first, I'd like a chance to earn your business"

To each their own.

afterthought: now that I think about it, one of the most popular gun shops in the atlanta area does $5.00 transfers. when I told him that was nuts he said "it keeps people walking through my door". This guy gets it.

Last edited:

Hattrick 22

Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    there's a half dozen ffl's in acadiana (some on this site) that transfer for half that or less. Poor business mentality leads these guys to think that they are losing the $ on the firearm sale, so they try to deter transfers. What they don't understand is that when I go somewhere else to transfer my gun I also pickup ammo, targets, magazines, and anything they might have on sale. It's also a great opportunity to upsell during the transfer: "next time ya buy a gun call me first, I'd like a chance to earn your business"

To each their own.

afterthought: now that I think about it, one of the most popular gun shops in the atlanta area does $5.00 transfers. when I told him that was nuts he said "it keeps people walking through my door". This guy gets it.

Makes a ton of sense. I choose my FFL based on price and because he was on here and had some really good things said about him time and time again. All of the extras I've bought from him have equated to a few firearm purchases it's the extras that you have on hand that can earn you more money than the firearm sale itself some can't see the forest threw the trees though.

swampglockman

Oct 22, 2008
    Denham Springs
    What is something worth ... What someone is willing to pay. I love capitalism always... I feel ya brothers ... I'm all for the LGS but if they get crazy I will take my business elsewhere even at the expense of some extra Gas and Time. What concerns me is lack of competition and options...here in Slidell we have a new shop but haven't checked them out yet. The other option i choose not to patronize ...

Neil09

Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la

To each their own.

Good point. I only called the few I know of, and decided to try one from BayouShooter. Will look around a little more next time.

Saintsfan6

Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I would agree that keeping your transfer fees competitive with other shops would only increase sales in ammo, accessories, etc. but I also wouldn't call $35 transfer fee "laughable". I would still pay the extra $10-15 for the transfer fee purely because of the respect I have for them for not trying to screw everyone in the market for an AR or AK during the "assault rifle" ban craze. I do agree that the lower your transfer fees are, the more customers you get into your shop which leads to more sales in the long run.

JBE

Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I've bought a few guns from them. The prices were competitive, the service was good and the staff I dealt with seemed knowledgeable. I would have no problem recommending them or buying from them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Redd508

May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    It was worth the drive from Laf to deal with them. I've never ordered thru them but a quick call to see if they had what i was looking for kept me from wasting the gas. They've been helpful on more than a few occasions. I've saved money on some deals even factoring in the gas. Definitely recommend.

Saintsfan6

Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I did notice last time I was there they had some mil-surp Chinese SKS for sale. Some were in decent shape (B+) and others less so (B). They were asking $370 (covered in cosmoline) and $420 cleaned up, if I remember correctly. A little on the pricey side for my liking, but they are becoming harder to find. Haven't seen any around any other gun shops lately, so I'm not surprised they are asking a pretty penny for them. Ended up buying a nice SKS from a fellow member for $300 and am happy I saved some money. Still have much respect for Bullets and Bows and will go back in the future.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom