Chinese SKS group buy... any interests?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WillShoot

Jan 9, 2012
    Slidell, LA
    Anybody interested in SKSs? Classic Firearms has regular as low as $280 if buying 10. plus shipping. This is their "better" version, compared to Grade B, whatever that means.
    I'll need two myself, and I can get it with my CR license. You need to find your own transfer agent or your own CR. I'll pick one first and all rest will be random draw.
    Let me know. Thanks

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Anybody interested in SKSs? Classic Firearms has regular as low as $280 if buying 10. plus shipping. This is their "better" version, compared to Grade B, whatever that means.
    I'll need two myself, and I can get it with my CR license. You need to find your own transfer agent or your own CR. I'll pick one first and all rest will be random draw.
    Let me know. Thanks

I'm in for at least one if you can ship up here to Shreveport area.

Depending on total price /w shipping charges.

WillShoot

Jan 9, 2012
    Slidell, LA
    I'm in for at least one if you can ship up here to Shreveport area.

Depending on total price /w shipping charges.

Shipping adds ~$8 for multiples when sent to me, so if we get 10+, it'll be around $288/ea. Not sure how much more to add on top of that ($20?). Regardless, I prefer to deal locally. Sorry, forgot to mention that I am in NOLA area/Northshore.

Here's the link to the toy:

Last edited:

WillShoot

Jan 9, 2012
    Slidell, LA
    Royal tiger has grade C's for $199.

I've noticed that too. Checked around and it seems reviews of the company is not good. They don't even have a phone number listed. BBB has quite a few cases against them. I am not going to save a few dollars and buy myself a bunch headaches.

doc ace

Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Are these the SKS's with the Korean War trench carvings? I am in Pineville LA, how could we work this out if I were to go in with the group buy?

WillShoot

Jan 9, 2012
    Slidell, LA
    If I can't do a group buy, I'd fall back to Grade B from Classic Firearms. That was plan B. Feedback (only 4) seems positive so far.

I'd like to deal locally, around NOLA general area, or if you have a local FFL willing to pick up for you.

Right now, I have 4

me: 2
    Saintsfan6 1
    Vermiform 1 (if can pick up)

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

I'm confused.

Why are you buying 10 for $280+ shipping when you can buy similar quality for $259 + shipping.
    (packed in heavy cosmoline the liters and cheats at classic arms couldn't make a distinction even IF they were reputable enough to do so!)

About the only advantage I can see is (will) you'll get to hand pick out of 10, but I'm not seeing any incentive (the opposite actually) for the rest of us.

Please clue me in as to what I'm missing, I've gt a pile, but for the right deal I might get more.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I'm confused.

Why are you buying 10 for $280+ shipping when you can buy similar quality for $259 + shipping.
    (packed in heavy cosmoline the liters and cheats at classic arms couldn't make a distinction even IF they were reputable enough to do so!)

About the only advantage I can see is (will) you'll get to hand pick out of 10, but I'm not seeing any incentive (the opposite actually) for the rest of us.

Please clue me in as to what I'm missing, I've gt a pile, but for the right deal I might get more.

I am looking for another one but specifically a Russian that came in with these Chinese. I have found a couple but they are not what I was looking for or seller wants way too much for it.

Saintsfan6

Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    The Russians are becoming harder to come by, especially for a reasonable price. I have also been looking for a decent Russian made sks.

WillShoot

Jan 9, 2012
    Slidell, LA
    I'm confused.

$259 is grade B, which according to Classic Firearms, is the leftover from their regular grade: " All of the rifles in this sku have been segregated out and separated from our higher tier Chinese SKS due to condition. Some may have cracked stocks, others may have some surface rust or light pitting.... or, a combination of all. We hand select within our standard grade rifles and when you are looking for the better ones you find the ones a little worse for wear too."

Hope this answered your question. Doesn't look like enough interests, so I'll just forget about it. Thanks for your interests.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom