Prayer request (Updated)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    A co-worker & friend had a 900 pound sandblaster fall on him at work today. Apparently the handle came down across his abdomen. Still unclear the extent of the injuries, there does not appear to be any serious damage to internal organs, however he cannot walk. They are taking more X-Rays & I guess ultrasound to see if/how bad the damage is to his spine. He is married with a 9 year old son.

Thanks!

Last edited:

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Thoughts and prayers for him and others I know about that have been injured at work during these holidays. Never fails that serious injuries occur during the holiday season--terrible for the individuals and their families and friends. Not saying that your friend was negligent in any way but we all get distracted this time of year and wish we were doing something else besides working and we sometimes loose focus on what we are doing. Its especially hard if you are in a plant situation and working shifts..missing parties, kid stuff, hunting, fishing, etc.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    It's not as bad as we feared. I was told he has a hairline fracture of his T12 vertebrae and broke the end of his thumb. He's been released from the hospital and will be in a back brace for six weeks. I have no idea when he will be cleared to come back to work.

Thanks for all the thoughts & prayers!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Glad it was not as bad as first thought.

Top Bottom