Donovan's Guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixgundunn

Wheelgunner
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    New Orleans
    I'm not sure where to post this but I decided to post in curios and relics because the rifle in question is a 1903 Springfield. Several months ago I put the rifle on layaway at Donovan's Guns on Airline Hwy in Metairie. I have tried to reach them over the past few months by phone and my voicemails have not been returned. In addition, I have stopped there many times in the last few months during their business hours and found it closed with the roll down shutters in place. Does anyone know what the situation is? I hope that everything is ok. Thanks, Tom

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    As I've posted before, if you find Donovan's open, alert the media and begin video recording. You are witnessing an event rarer than albino unicorns mating.

BlueHeaven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    Kenner, La
    I'm not very familiar with the guy, but I did call several months ago about getting a threaded barrel. A lady answered the phone and said her Dad handles all that and he's been ill. She recommended I try someone else for the barrel. Sounds line they have personal family issues and can't keep the place staffed.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Not known to be a great place to deal with anyways. Super high prices and the people there are just not nice people. Regardless if there are family issues or not, they should take care of customers some way or another.

Their reviews from over a year ago from different people say the same issues as you, so health issues is not relevant here.

http://www.bing.com/local?lid=YN365...+&+Ammo+Metairie+LA&qpvt=bgun+stores+metairie

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Legend has it he is a former JP who was injured in an on-duty shootout.

I've been in there before I found his attitude to be down right awful, and that says a lot coming from someone with a personality as pleasant as mine...

JR1572

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    They've been there a long time so my only guess is that they own the place and don't have to pay any rent.

JR if you're right then that might mean he's got some sort of pension etc. that keeps him afloat.

Even years ago when I lived nearby I would frequently pass on Airline and they were never open. A handful of times I would pass by out of hundreds (thousands?) I would be surprised to see they weren't closed.

What little they do sell, they sell for full retail, so maybe that is the key to their success.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Legend has it he is a former JP who was injured in an on-duty shootout.

I've been in there before I found his attitude to be down right awful, and that says a lot coming from someone with a personality as pleasant as mine...

JR1572

:rofl:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    If they are open, you can get a deal on the right gun. They tend to keep the same price on a gun for years. That is how I got a USP Compact .40(rare grey frame) for $799! It sat there for years!

Ianmcgursky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2014
    Metairie
    My dad brought his 30-06 there when I was a kid for some repairs to the chamber. He called a week later to check on it and they said, "We're still working on it". Another week went by and he went in to check on it. They said they had no record of him ever coming in and that they did not have the rifle....... Super sheisty.

Top Bottom