Any LDWLF Agents / Game Wardens on here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krayzkajun

Cowboy Up
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Westwego,La
    Any wildlife agents/ game wardens on here?
    I would like to chat with someone about the career.

I recently got back into law enforcement fulltime and have started thinking about becoming a game warden.

Little background on me.

Grew up hunting/fishing out of Venice,LA. My moms whole family lived down there till the day Katrina hit. Spent every weekend and summer staying in Venice being in the outdoors.
    My moms brother retired as a federal game warden for US fish & wildlife.

I was honorably discharged from the Army in 11' as an E-5 Sgt. Served in Baghdad, Iraq with the Louisiana Army National Guard.

Have approx 5yrs of experience as patrol officer. Louisiana POST certified. Member of SWAT team, drug task force.

Have some college. Also Louisiana fire fighter 1 certified, rope rescue tech, confined space tech, swift water rescue tech, Hazmat tech, and Urban Search And Rescue.

My plans are to either go game warden, La State Police or maybe DEA/ Customs.

I'm 30, so i still have some time to make a change.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    If you love to hunt and fish, being a game warden might not be for you. Opening of deer season, gotta work. Opening of dove season, gotta work. Opening of shrimp season, gotta work. I thought about it myself years ago and decided against it for that reason. Someone told me that the state police has the budget to have an academy a year for the next 3 or 4 years.

krayzkajun

Cowboy Up
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Westwego,La
    I wanted to thank everybody for the info. I've been in touch with WLF and have plans to possibly apply to the next academy.

Last edited:

krayzkajun

Cowboy Up
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Westwego,La
    Well I finally got the ball rolling. I applied for the next Wildlife Cadet academy that is scheduled to start Dec 7th. I've made it through the 4 step of the App process and should be getting a call for an interview real soon.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Well I finally got the ball rolling. I applied for the next Wildlife Cadet academy that is scheduled to start Dec 7th. I've made it through the 4 step of the App process and should be getting a call for an interview real soon.

Congrats! I hope you enjoy it!

I've thought of going LDWF, but changed my mind while in college. I think it would be an enjoyable career.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

You can get ahead of the game by starting now to seriously learn how to identify all species of ducks and fish, both fresh and saltwater if you don't already know them. You will have to know this and pass test during the academy and after you are assigned to the field you will certainly need to know them. Female ducks can be tricky as many are not adorned with the colorful feathers of the male. Fish can be tricky and there are a few that look very similar but have very different limits. The yellow bass, white bass and hybrid striped bass is one example. If you work the coast, you will need to know the different groupers. Saltwater has many fish that appear similar but have different size limits and limits.

krayzkajun

Cowboy Up
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Westwego,La
    Thanks for all the support fellas. if everything goes through this will be a dream come true and one great step in furthering my career in law enforcement.

Top Bottom