Question for LE

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I don't. I will limit my comments only to say I chalk this ******** up in the same catageory as passing out ice cream and $100 bills on traffic stops. Stupidity like this makes us look just as bad as bad shoots and tazing 8 year olds and grannies. This is why the savages don't respect us.

And weather it was a joke or a PR stunt or whatever I don't care. It's an embarrassment. Period.

Last edited:

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Wife showed me this last night I don't think he was caught it looked planned out. Was funny either way though

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't. I will limit my comments only to say I chalk this ******** up in the same catageory as passing out ice cream and $100 bills on traffic stops. Stupidity like this makes us look just as bad as bad shoots and tazing 8 year olds and grannies. This is why the savages don't respect us.

And weather it was a joke or a PR stunt or whatever I don't care. It's an embarrassment. Period.

Unfortunately, this^ is a correct assessment! I don't want the image of police to be face masks and black rifles; but non-violent, law abiding citizens are smart enough to know that cops aren't that; and don't believe the misinformation and smear that cascades out of phony liberal BS volcanos.

This dude, and everyone that was involved are douches. And that above and beyond staged videos!

whodat247

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Mandeville
    It's obvious it was a staged video. When he signals over someone to walk across a street (from our left to right) when he pulls away you can see there was no one there. But that being said I just thought it was something to give people a few laughs, and it did I thought it was funny. I think no differently of LE.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    They admit it was staged. They never tried to hide that fact. This is no different than the video posted a while back of an officer throwing ball with a few inner city youths. Everyone was quick to commend the officer in that video. What makes this one any different? They are both enhancing public relations between police officers and citizens. Is it the fact that he is singing Taylor Swift? I hate that little troll too, but read below. He learned the words to the song from his 10 year old daughter listening to it. It happens when you have kids. I'm sure there are a lot of dads on here that know the words to songs on shows their kids watch. My son loves when I sing along with him. Hell, I find myself singing the theme song to Thomas the Train at work sometimes because it's always on at my house.

You would think a forum with an abundance of LEO members would appreciate what they are trying to do. Y'all get so riled up when people bash y'all for being the "robots with uniforms and gun belts " they speak of in the article. Now here are people praising an officer for having a lighter side, and y'all are pissed at that. Lighten up. There's a thread on here dedicated to bad asses. Go be one there.

DOVER, Del. (CNN) — We're used to seeing police dashboard video of speeders, car accidents or worse.

But the Dover Police Department in Delaware is turning the camera on its force to show that police are human, too — and sometimes they just want to shake, shake, shake, shake, shake.

A dashcam video of Dover Police Master Cpl. Jeff Davis cruising in his police vehicle and grooving to Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" was an instant hit on Friday. The video was shared nearly 2,000 times in less than 24 hours from the department's Facebook page and drew positive feedback from around the world.

The goal of the video is to show a different side of police to counter negative perceptions of law enforcement, Dover Police Cpl.. Mark Hoffman said.

"We're trying to humanize police officers. People tend to look at us as robots with uniforms and gun belts so we wanted to a show a lighter side of our force," he said.

"I think it's important for people to see police in that light."

The video was shot as part of the Dover Police Department's social media community outreach. To celebrate reaching 10,000 Facebook followers, the department launched a series called "Dash Cam Confessionals," debuting with Davis's rendition of "Shake It Off."

Hoffman suggested "Shake It Off" and Davis was more than happy to oblige. He already knew the words, thanks to his 10-year-old daughter, a Taylor Swift fan.

"When you drive around in a car all the time listening to Taylor Swift you get to know all the words and like her songs," the 19-year veteran of the force told CNN.

In the video, Davis appears to pause periodically for passing vehicles. In reality, the video was shot in a secluded parking lot in Dover.

"It was fun thing, a nice thing to do with everything that's going on with police. With all the negative publicity it's nice to show a positive side of police," he said.

Judging by the response so far, he thinks it's working.

"I think people are liking the fact of seeing police in a different view."

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    They admit it was staged. They never tried to hide that fact. This is no different than the video posted a while back of an officer throwing ball with a few inner city youths. Everyone was quick to commend the officer in that video. What makes this one any different? They are both enhancing public relations between police officers and citizens. Is it the fact that he is singing Taylor Swift? I hate that little troll too, but read below. He learned the words to the song from his 10 year old daughter listening to it. It happens when you have kids. I'm sure there are a lot of dads on here that know the words to songs on shows their kids watch. My son loves when I sing along with him. Hell, I find myself singing the theme song to Thomas the Train at work sometimes because it's always on at my house.

You would think a forum with an abundance of LEO members would appreciate what they are trying to do. Y'all get so riled up when people bash y'all for being the "robots with uniforms and gun belts " they speak of in the article. Now here are people praising an officer for having a lighter side, and y'all are pissed at that. Lighten up. There's a thread on here dedicated to bad asses. Go be one there.

This video is not necessary! They don't have to enhance or upgrade their images to the public! They did nothing to deserve a downgraded image to begin with. Ferguson was a lie! The stats overwhelmingly show they don't indiscriminately hunt blacks!

A few blacks eyes out of hundreds of thousands of arrests per year. I 'd say the benefit of the doubt belongs in the court of law enforcement. I am not moved by this, because it wreaks of pandering to the illegitimate "hands up, don't shoot" pretenders!

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    If it gets a few people to open their eyes and see that cops are just people too, then I don't see what's wrong with it. Though when I see a large number of people responding to a news article with "damn cops just making more laws so they can harass people and take their money," I do agree that a different source needs to be attacked.

Most of the people I see reposting these videos are female family of cops, so it would seem they are kind of preaching to the choir.

Top Bottom