WTB 4500 PSI airtank

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I'm looking for an airtank setup for my FX- Whisper PCP. Prefer one that can hold up to 4500 psi. Also the hose connection would be nice too, I have the adapter for my gun on the handpump. Tired of pumping that thing 150 times after I shoot, but at least I get 44 shots.
    Darrell

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Just went through this myself, ended up with a 106 cubic foot luxfer composite tank (aluminum wrapped with carbon fiber). Got the tank for about $425 from diveseekers.com and got the hatsan tank adapter for $75 off amazon. This came out almost $200 cheaper than going carbon fiber but the weight is about 35# vs 12# for the 90 cubic foot carbon fiber tank (same number of fills roughly). If you want to spend the extra on carbon fiber the best around is at airtanksforsale.com and his come with everything except the fill probe for around $700 I believe.

Tadpole

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    I just bought a Benjamin 90cui tank, beause I'm too old to pump. Now I can't find anyone to fill it.Would like to get 4500psi as well.
    I also too old to cock my Beeman SLR Theoben. It's only had couple hundren rounds shot. I bought a Maurader and like the gun, but could only pump enough to sight it in. I won't do that again. ha ha
    I have always used spring guns and have some good ones. Two out of three and too hard to cock anymore. Going PCP if I can get the tanks filled.

Last edited:

Tadpole

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    Thanks XDguy, I'll get in touch if I can't find anything closer.. that sounds cheap.

Would like to find something in Baton Rouge area. Seven Seas in Denham closed.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks XDguy, I'll get in touch if I can't find anything closer.. that sounds cheap.

Would like to find something in Baton Rouge area. Seven Seas in Denham closed.

Go see Mark Smith at Underwater Adventures in Baton Rouge. Jefferson @ Government next door to Superior Grill.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Have a look at a Shoebox compressor. You can fill your gun or tank at home without the hassles.
    Shoeboxcompressor.com

Last edited:

Tadpole

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    Man, that is the berries. But I don't think I shoot enough to justify $650, I think I can get lots of refills for that. Only have one PCP rifle now and one little 90ci tank. If afew guys would chip in, it would be a good idea. I just intend to clean out some yard squirrels.

Last edited:

Tadpole

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    Nice shop, friendly people. Mark is out of town on a dive. Their connector for filling my tank is broken . Took my number and will call when it gets fixed. She has the part ordered.
    Easy to find Fla Blvd inbound to Ardenwood, left to Gvmt St, right East to where Jefferson Hwy comes in, on the right Blue Building, park in rear.
    Thanks a lot, this looks to be what I need.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Nice shop, friendly people. Mark is out of town on a dive. Their connector for filling my tank is broken . Took my number and will call when it gets fixed. She has the part ordered.
    Easy to find Fla Blvd inbound to Ardenwood, left to Gvmt St, right East to where Jefferson Hwy comes in, on the right Blue Building, park in rear.
    Thanks a lot, this looks to be what I need.

Glad they are taking care of you. I've known the family for many years and have done several dives with them.

Tadpole

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    Couldn't wait. my last call said maybe next week. Google to the rescue. Seven Seas 8350 One Calais Ave off Essen Ln
    I walked in door and young guy said "Oh need a fill?" Took the tank, looked at it, removed the input, put his on, put it on the compressor, about 15 minutes..$6.50 and I'm out of there.
    Love my new Marauder 22!
    Thanks to all who helped.
    Tadpole

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    There is nothing like that first day when you can take that stupid hand pump and stick it in the corner. Pellets get more expensive though, no more 40 shots an hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom