BUDS GUN SHOP- Knights fireams/ BMB Discount guns lafayette,la ( Don't use)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

ramsey6199

Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    I purchased a gun through the layaway plan with Buds. I attempted to pay a portion with debit card. My balance showed no change, so the next day I call to see what's going on. They respond that I used someone else's card so it didn't process it under my name.(Wife's debit card on our joint account)..So they canceled the transaction and I have to wait until the following week to retry with my debit card. Within that week I receive a prepaid box from buds. I call them up to see what was going on and they said they had no history of the box being sent.. weird your place of business pays for a 2 day shipping box and don't have a record of it. The next week I paid off the total, or so I thought. Within a few hours I receive an email saying the items in my cart have not been paid and they were not going to hold them for me.. I checked and had nothing in the cart with the only item being that one gun listed in the history. I wait until the next morning to contact them and before I do, I get the same email again. I check my account online and the history still showed no payment as being made. Once again I contact them and this time they tell me that they have no payment. After arguing with them that it was taken out of my bank account they double check and find it. They couldn't tell me why it didn't show up. So yet again they canceled it and in return I had to give them the numbers on the phone and do the process all over again.
    The nightmare was finally over..so I thought. They ran me through the ffls and suggested to use a preferred one. I chose the one nearest to me. I asked if I needed to give them a heads up to the transaction and was told it was unnecessary, that it would be taken care of. A few days later I saw the tracking showed that it would be delivered on a Friday. I emailed BMB to see if they would be open for me to get my gun and asked if they would possibly be open Saturday. I later received a response from them telling me that he accepts ffl but only when he's in and that he would be gone for weeks. I then contacted Buds and explained the situation to which they agreed that they should send it to another dealer since he was on their suggested dealers. I was shown the list of dealers again with the next closest one being Knights. I again was told that everything would be taken care of no need to contact. I went ahead and called anyways to let them know that the following week my gun would be shipped. Guy was a bit snappy and said Buds tells me when a package will be sent. I explained to him very politely that I just wanted to make sure he was able to receive it. He told me that's fine he'd be there. About a week later after being sent back to buds then back to another dealer. I check my new tracking number to see that the package is being delivered today. I call Knights firearms and get no answer. Several hours later I get a notification from UPS that there was no adult present to sign for package. I call Buds again and explain all over again the mess that had occurred since purchasing this gun and told them I wanted to just cancel. After a few minutes on hold the guy comes back and tells me that he tried to call Knights and he was hung up on. I again expressed that I wanted to just cancel the order and not have to wait yet again for a package to be resent. I was put on hold.. I get back from on hold once more and am told that if I cancel I will be charged 10% restocking fee and that all they could do is resend it to another dealer. They agree that since again this was a preferred dealer that they would reship again but won't refund my money. With no other choice I am having to go with the option where I don't lose out on money for a gun I have yet to still receive.
    As someone who has bought several guns from Buds this was a horrible experience that hopefully no one goes through with them. I have purchased with them before..but never again. I should have paid the extra $10 price difference and purchased the item in a store. It's been a huge pita and I believe from all the headache I should have been granted a refund. I will 100% never purchase a thing from these guys again.. again the ffl dealers that agreed on the transactions but were no where to be found were BMB DISCOUNT GUNS AND KNIGHTS FIREARMS bot in Lafayette, La.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    This from your post:

I should have paid the extra $10 price difference and purchased the item in a store.

ramsey6199

Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    Store didn't have the stock of them in till the following week saw them and figure hell they're $10 cheaper and I'll get it sooner. :rolleyes:
    This from your post:

I should have paid the extra $10 price difference and purchased the item in a store.

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    So we learned:

1) Never buy a new gun online when I can support a local brick and mortar ffl for a few bucks more.

2) Never do a transfer with a guy who runs his ffl from his house.

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    So we learned:

1) Never buy a new gun online when I can support a local brick and mortar ffl for a few bucks more.

I disagree with the second, we have plenty of site sponsors and former site sponsors who ran their FFL from their house and were beyond reproach.

slogoat

Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    So we learned:

2 is wrong. There is at minimum one, but probably more, awesome home based FFL(s) on this forum. The one I deal with is always great.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I disagree with the second, we have plenty of site sponsors and former site sponsors who ran their FFL from their house and were beyond reproach.

gmshooter would be one great example.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    I did a transfer from Bud's through BMB...completely professional and a great guy to do business with but I will never deal with Bud's again.

ramsey6199

Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    So we learned: You are quite the smart a$$.

#1 If you would read..I said it was not in stock..
    #2 there is nothing wrong with that... perhaps they don't have the means to open a large store. The gentleman I used to use, did this out of his home for years with a small shop next to his house and had since retired, hence me going by their recommendation.
    So we learned:

Last edited:

ramsey6199

Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    Maybe it was Buds fault and if so he needs to take that up with them for sure. Might be a decent guy but when I'm told he accepted the transfer and is no where around. .. it seems you should bring that up incase the buyer would like his item sooner than the 2 weeks stated. ..... what was your issue with buds?
    I did a transfer from Bud's through BMB...completely professional and a great guy to do business with but I will never deal with Bud's again.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    So we learned:

Disagree with both, but #2 is almost outright offensive. I like those guys FAR better than the clowns at most gun stores, and they charge a fraction of the price as well.

Dave328

Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I LOVE Bud's!! Mainly for the fact that they sold me my AR for roughly $800 or so cheaper than was normal retail! Yeah they caught the pricing problem after I bought mine, but honored my sale!

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Maybe it was Buds fault and if so he needs to take that up with them for sure. Might be a decent guy but when I'm told he accepted the transfer and is no where around. .. it seems you should bring that up incase the buyer would like his item sooner than the 2 weeks stated. ..... what was your issue with buds?

My issue with Bud's??
    Purchased a pistol through a Gunbroker auction. Called to verify and get info for my FFL. Paid for the pistol over the phone, and had my FFL--who I've used for YEARS to transfer 'a lot' of firearms--send his info to Bud's. This was October 9th. Went offshore for 14 days, when I came back my FFL had heard nothing from Bud's. I called them and was told they had never received my FFL's fax. Collected the fax confirm sheet from the location that sent the fax, and scanned/emailed that confirm sheet to Bud's. Called to verify that they had received the confirm email. After about five more days (19 days so far) still nothing from Bud's. Called them back and after a round of phone tag I learned that the phone center has nothing to do with the packing/shipping department, and the ONE guy who processes FFL info was out 'indefinately'. Several more days pass of me calling every day trying to get SOMEONE to find the FFL fax which had been sent three weeks earlier. No luck. Back offshore for 14 more days. It's now mid November. Still no word from Bud's. after another round of phone tag I get a dweeb who admits that they DO have my FFL's info but can't send to him because he "isn't on their list", and I have to designate an FFL who IS on their list. They directed me to a link for FFL's in Lafayette area, where I found BMB Guns. Emailed him and he said he'd be glad to do the transfer, but his business was part time and he did transfers on Wednesday nights only. That is a non issue for me, I just want to get the damned pistol which I had paid for a month earlier and get this ordeal finished. Finally, Bud's acknowledged FFL designation and issued a shipping number. Now it's time for me to go back offshore for 14 more days. Finally able to pick new pistol in mid December. The owner of BMB Guns is a great guy, and I'd most definitely recommend him to others, but Bud's will get no business from me in the future.

Last edited:

ramsey6199

Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    Well guys. . Called buds again and talked to a guy named Brad at Buds and they finally agreed to send me a refund of the full transaction price when the gun arrives. On another note I finally got ahold of the guy at knights and he confirmed that he didn't have someone of age to sign and said that he might not be home again to receive the package on its second try. Luckily I had talked to buds about an hour earlier and would no longer need another missed delivery.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom