American Hunter in Covington

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

DAVE_M

_________
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've passed that shop a thousand times, but never bothered to go inside and check it out. I'm curious to see how this turns out for you as I'd like to know what local shops to avoid or to check out.

buckedup

May 31, 2014
    Tylertown Ms.
    I have had great experiences with in person staff and shopping there. Top notch individuals. Never ordered anything online though from them

Sneakybuffalo

Sep 21, 2014
    United States
    I didn't even know they had an archery range there. I've only been there twice. I also stumbled upon the archery range in Academy earlier today. Would never have thought that would be there. There was even a chrono.

Sounds like they upped the transfer fee a bit. I think when I asked a few months ago it was $35, but I may be mistaken. I'm pretty sure Vince's Pawn down the street quoted me $25 that same day.

Of the two times I was there, the first time it was just me and the owner, who was an extrememly nica and helpful older man. The next time there was a small group of people discussing a bow and one worker. Didn't really interact with him much as I was simply there to see if they had an .444 Marlin ammo, which they didn't (no one ever does) so that was about that.

It took quite some time for me to be asked for assistance though despite me obviously standing there waiting for said assistance. Although that seems to happen to me a lot as I stood at the counter at Academy for quite some time without being approached today, so I may need to start being more assertive when dealing with store clerks. But, my thought process is that, as service professionals, they should realize that the guy waiting at the counter probably wants help.

buckedup

May 31, 2014
    Tylertown Ms.
    They actually have a 3d archery range out back. It's great for spending time with the kids. You should look into doing it with your kids they will enjoy the sport

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom