HK USP Owners - possible group buy for a 22 conversion kit. Details inside.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    I've been looking for a HK USP 22 conversion kit for years. The only one made is a German made aftermarket unit that isn't readily imported. After seeing that German conversion over and over, I decided to contact the company in Germany. They are willing to sell once we get past the import/export issues. Derek with Big Boy Armament that said he would consider jumping through the hoops with the import/export stuff simply because he is interested in one for himself as well.

So this is the kit -

WE-System F-22 für Heckler & Koch Pistolen (Ausführung für Kaliber 9 mm Luger) von Pro Tuning - Pistolen - Kurzwaffen - Sportwaffen - Schießsport Online Shop - Frankonia.de

That is approximately $1,100 - 1200 ish. That is probably about where it would end up - the hard cost, import, shipping, etc doesn't leave a lot of fat in the deal.

Extra mags would be available at about $120 /ea. Crazy? Sure. But we pay for rare mags in ban times, and 2=1 and 1=0. Can't run the kit without a mag, so I'm inclined to get an extra.

I'm going to ask that we don't spend a lot of time focused on the price. It is very expensive for a 22 conversion - duly noted.

1. Sometimes HK folk spend a lot of money on things relative to what other gun people consider "reasonable" because we feel the juice is worth the squeeze.

2. Some of us want these for kids/wives so they can shoot more rounds with less recoil

3. There is a break even point, even at this cost, if you actually shoot a LOT. I have a couple kids that shoot a LOT of 22.

We would need to get at least 10 to make it worth doing.

If I can get this off the ground, would anyone actually be willing to pony up for these?

Looks like a total of 3-4 months due to the paperwork involved.

Finally, I've addressed the need to fit the kit to the USPs, suffice to say they normally drop in but at worst require a very little fitting. Within the scope of the cost of the project, not the end of the world.

Please PM me if you are flat out in. Beyond that please keep the discussion focused on something other than the price.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I wonder if someone contacted GSG, would they be interested to make a USP clone. They already make the mp5 clones, a 1911 clone, and a 522.

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    I'd rather any alternative that was functional. There is apparently too much R&D cost to attract anyone to making a relatively niche conversion. I'm all too aware that the asking price is out of the box. Marvel conversions for 1911s are the next most expensive 22 out there and they are 1/3 - 1/2 the cost, and have a reputation for being absolutely dead accurate and reliable.

That said, supply low, price high.

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    I wonder if someone contacted GSG, would they be interested to make a USP clone. They already make the mp5 clones, a 1911 clone, and a 522.

HK sued them a few years back and they had to make changes to the GSG 22 models like that. HK now sells their own, made by Umarex, I think...

Anyway, I think they would need HK's permission.

Top Bottom