question about a repaired handgun or rifle shipped from manufactor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    If I send a rifle or handgun back to a manufacturer for warranty work, when the firearm is repaired is it mailed directly to me? Or does it get shipped to a local FFL holder for transfer?

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    It's been a few years, so I don't remember if it came to my house, I think I had to pick it up at the UPS center. If you own it, and are sending to the manufacturer for repairs, no FFL needed. But, the only place I could find to ship it was UPS from a service center, down in Port Allen. Not every UPS place will take it, and DO NOT bring it to the post office! The manufacturer helped walk me through the process when I called them.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    queation about a handgun or rifle shipped from a friend

I've had to ship both a handgun and rifle back to the factory for warranty work and they were the same. I was given a UPS label for both and a box for the long gun. Both were shipped directly back to me after being worked on.

I will add that I picked up the long gun from the UPS distribution center because it had to be signed for and nobody was going to be home the next day and didn't want to chance it being sent back to Remington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scottjajr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Oakdale
    I took one of mine to the ffl I bought it from, they sent it off and it was sent back to them and I just picked it up when they called me. They only charged shipping to the factory and I didn't have to worry about being home to sign for it.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If I send a rifle or handgun back to a manufacturer for warranty work, when the firearm is repaired is it mailed directly to me? Or does it get shipped to a local FFL holder for transfer?

It can be shipped back to you without the use of an FFL.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    It depends on the State. In Louisiana and gun friendly states you're good. The others need to go through an FFL. The manufacturer will normally give a heads up.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    And what about the "from a friend" part? Not sure what your title means OP...

That was an error. I was trying to type "or ffl" and autocorrect somehow made it friend. Didn't notice until after I posted. Sorry for confusion. Corrected the error. :)

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    It depends on the State. In Louisiana and gun friendly states you're good. The others need to go through an FFL. The manufacturer will normally give a heads up.

The Op. who lives in LA. said "If I send" so my reply was directed at someone that is a resident of LA.

Top Bottom