Octane 9 End Caps Now Available

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Just talked with one of the guys at Silencerco. He said theyre doing a short run of the 9mm breaks/end caps to see how they do. I also mentioned that there was great interest in a 22LR type cap as well...he said he made note of it on the customer request board.

dillygaff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Metairie LA
    Pardon my ignorance. But, can someone explain the benefit/trade offs or direct me to some literature. I don't see the difference between the break and changing the piston on the octane. When I swapped out the piston on my octane 45 for the 9mm, I didn't notice much difference in the sound. Then again, my ears aren't as good as they used to be.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    I'm not sure many will be purchasing the brake for functional purposes. Most speculate it's entire reason for existing is to create another use for the end caps so they are no longer considered suppressor parts by ATF and can be sold as accessories. From the video it appears a 9mm end cap on your octane 45 will lower it 4 decibels and lessen first round pop a good bit, which would be beneficial when shooting 9mm.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Pardon my ignorance. But, can someone explain the benefit/trade offs or direct me to some literature. I don't see the difference between the break and changing the piston on the octane. When I swapped out the piston on my octane 45 for the 9mm, I didn't notice much difference in the sound. Then again, my ears aren't as good as they used to be.

You are looking at the wrong side of the can. What's being discussed is the end cap, not the piston. Having a 9mm end cap on the 45 octane brings down the sound level slightly by not allowing gases to escape as quickly.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    Mine came in Monday. The 9mm cap is longer .602" vs the .566" .45 cap so the last threads stick out slightly instead of being recessed. The 9mm cap also has a smaller ID so the last baffle fits very tightly in there and required me to push with Allen key to remove it. Plan to try it out Friday morning.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Mine came in Monday. The 9mm cap is longer .602" vs the .566" .45 cap so the last threads stick out slightly instead of being recessed. The 9mm cap also has a smaller ID so the last baffle fits very tightly in there and required me to push with Allen key to remove it. Plan to try it out Friday morning.

Pics?

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427973665.241608.jpg

Top Bottom