WTB: .22cal Handgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    Looking for a .22 for my other half, she loves to shoot steel at the range and the 357 s&w is expensive and a bit much for her to have fun.

Let me know what you've got, even a 9mm or 38 would work also.

Thanks again

-Charles

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    If you had a .357 why not just shoot the .38s out of it.

Can't beat the .22 for cheap fun. 9mm is cheap but not like .22.

A lot of .22s can be bought new for little more than used prices.

Later,
    RDO

MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    If you had a .357 why not just shoot the .38s out of it.

Can't beat the .22 for cheap fun. 9mm is cheap but not like .22.

A lot of .22s can be bought new for little more than used prices.

Later,
    RDO

I do shoot the .38s out of the 357 but im looking for a 22 b/c 500 rounds for 10$ is alot better than 50 rounds for 20$ of .38.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    That is cheap, but I'd do an automatic. Every shooter should own a .22 semiauto... I've got a buckmark I'm happy with. I grew up shooting my dad's ruger though. I've shot the colt and the S&W also. Can't say one is really any better than the other. I picked the buckmark mainly because taking down a Ruger is a pain in the rear.
    I've got a Beretta M21 that I've been debating selling, but its a pocket pistol, not a target pistol.

mrwiggins

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2006
    East of Hammond
    i'm been looking for a 22lr revolver

i can't find a good double action 22lr revolver for under 500$. i like smith and wessons, and if the 317 came in a 4 or 5 inch model, i'd be all over it. i really like the smith and wesson model 63. i've got a good 22 auto coming in soon, a ruger mark III. like everyone says, it's just a bitch to break down. other than that, i like mine

MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    i can't find a good double action 22lr revolver for under 500$. i like smith and wessons, and if the 317 came in a 4 or 5 inch model, i'd be all over it. i really like the smith and wesson model 63. i've got a good 22 auto coming in soon, a ruger mark III. like everyone says, it's just a bitch to break down. other than that, i like mine

Yea, I do like that Mark III.

I was just hoping to find something used and at a decent price.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    i've got a good 22 auto coming in soon, a ruger mark III. like everyone says, it's just a bitch to break down. other than that, i like mine

I don't have any problems taking the MKIII apart BUT putting it back together is another story! My uncle owns one and many years ago he asked me to clean it for him. Sadly, I had to have one of my gunsmith buddies show me how to put it back together! I ended up getting the little Walther P22 for my .22 handgun because it is a tad bit easier to tear down for cleaning!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The buckmark is easy to fieldstrip and reassemble. 2 screws and its apart. More accurate than I can shoot. Also, the barrel is easy to change (similar to a 10/22) if you want a field and target barrel, or maybe later a silencer. I've got the 5.5" bull on mine that I've always been happy with. The rear sights it came w/ sucked but the newer ones are fine. I upgraded mine a few years back. No complaints.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom