We'll Have to File Bankruptcy! Wah! Wah! Wah! Yeah; Right!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Is there any end to people taking advantage of the tax base in this country? I'll bet LSU didn't want this to go national after all the whining about money! All $85 million raised by student fees? They couldn't raise that much money from student fees if they started collecting them when they won their first football championship in 1958.

The waste at the university on staff alone is obscene!

Oh well, at least the sports teams are ranked!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/12/lsu-lazy-river_n_7266154.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/1...-project-rolls-on-despite-school-budget-woes/

http://www.wwl.com/LSU-shaped-lazy-river-at-the-center-of-budget-cont/21496125

http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf/2014/09/coming_to_a_college_near_you_-.html

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It's all fluff. When you see the profit margins from ONE football game, you will crap your pants and wonder where all that money is going.

PS - I ordered the materials. They should arrive sometime next week :)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It's all fluff. When you see the profit margins from ONE football game, you will crap your pants and wonder where all that money is going.

PS - I ordered the materials. They should arrive sometime next week :)

I have an inside source that keeps me abreast of the waste over there. He thinks it's criminal! For one example: private companies that contract their services to LSU are not allowed to touch anything related to facilities maintenance. If you have a light bulb out in your office, you can't do what normal people do (get on a chair and change it in 2 seconds), you have to call maintenance! Then 5 guys show up in 5 different golf carts or trucks; and stand around and watch as one of them deftly unscrews the bad bulb; and expertly screws in the new bulb. Usually taken care of in a few hours!

Jindall may doing some stupid ****, but vowing to veto any tax increases with crap like this going on at LSU is okay by me!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    They spend too much on colleges and not enough on trade schools. We need more plumbers, welders and electricians.

^^^^^YES^^^^^^

If I had to start over from scratch; now knowing what I know, I would learn ALL 3 of those trades when I was in my teens and offer those services from one company! As a plumber's helper between high school semesters, I did everything the Master Plumber was being paid for. He got $40.00 hour, I got $6.00.

But, let's keep telling these dummies that go to college to go into business, social sciences, and the arts. They can keep graduating perfectly ripe for phony liberal pickings and dumbass ideological indoctrination.

Why get your hands full of ****, when you can realize that the government should take care of you?

Last edited:

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    They spend too much on colleges and not enough on trade schools. We need more plumbers, welders and electricians.

So so very true. The push for going to a 4 year college over the past couple decades has gone overboard. Coming out with huge debt and making squat for the most part.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I couldn't agree more with the above post. If you look at the way the school structures it's departments there are more layers than a doubache ( misspelled ?) cake. They have deans, then assistant deans, then assistants to the deans and assistants to the assistants. The upper levels all make more than 100 grand. I graduated from LSU and I don't give them a dime. They have gone off the sanity level with the football program and stupid **** like this lazy river project. What the students need is a kick in the ass and a reality check. Take more money from the football program, stop wasting money on feel good crap for the students and cut the fat in the different academic programs. LSU does a lot of good things and we need a flag ship university but we need a university that puts more priority in academics and less in football. I know someone will chime in and say that the money maker is the football program so we have to cater to that. I know all of this, but maybe we need to re think things and go in a different direction. I know it will never happen, so when I here them cry about going bankrupt and we need more money I always shake my head and mumble BULL **** !!!!!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I couldn't agree more with the above post. If you look at the way the school structures it's departments there are more layers than a doubache ( misspelled ?) cake. They have deans, then assistant deans, then assistants to the deans and assistants to the assistants. The upper levels all make more than 100 grand. I graduated from LSU and I don't give them a dime. They have gone off the sanity level with the football program and stupid **** like this lazy river project. What the students need is a kick in the ass and a reality check. Take more money from the football program, stop wasting money on feel good crap for the students and cut the fat in the different academic programs. LSU does a lot of good things and we need a flag ship university but we need a university that puts more priority in academics and less in football. I know someone will chime in and say that the money maker is the football program so we have to cater to that. I know all of this, but maybe we need to re think things and go in a different direction. I know it will never happen, so when I here them cry about going bankrupt and we need more money I always shake my head and mumble BULL **** !!!!!

And they have become breeding grounds for phony liberal con-artists who get paid to fill your kid's heads with nonsense. The tenure thing and not being able to fire them on the spot for misconduct is a joke too!

Essentially they have moved the monumental public school failures and union corruption to the collegiate levels too! For phony douche pro-gov liberals; Mission Accomplished!

When I hear them cry about money, I usually go to the bathroom and defecate a sample of my sympathy for it.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La

So so very true. The push for going to a 4 year college over the past couple decades has gone overboard. Coming out with huge debt and making squat for the most part.

Exactly! I spent almost 8 years in college and have 2 degrees, and it all feels like a waste. I basically devoted my life to school. I never missed a class and studied every night. After all of that, I walked out with my first degree with no real world knowledge. Just some crap from a book. I sure knew a lot of buzz words though. So what did I do? What society thinks one must do.... Go back to school and pay for another degree. This time I approached every class with a "How will this be applied in the real world?" kind of attitude.

After I graduated with the second degree, I took a job making close to half of what I was making welding. My bosses dangled the whole, "You have to put in your time and then the you will be rewarded by the fruits of your labor" spiel over my head. 4 years in to this career and I can see that it complete BS. I realized then that every Tom, Dick, Harry, and Jane goes to college now because it is the status quo. All this did was cause colleges to lower standards for those who really shouldn't even be there to pass, which in turn diminished the precedence of a diploma.

Looking back now, I should have devoted that time I did in college to the trade I already had a good grasp on and mastered it. It more than likely would have been more financially and personally rewarding. There is nothing more rewarding than looking at something you created at the end of the day with your own hands from a pile of materials. Now all I get to look at is a damn spreadsheet. When my kids are old enough, I will strongly suggest they learn a trade, whether it be through apprenticeships or joining the military and serve while they learn. <Rant over>

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Exactly! I spent almost 8 years in college and have 2 degrees, and it all feels like a waste. I basically devoted my life to school. I never missed a class and studied every night. After all of that, I walked out with my first degree with no real world knowledge. Just some crap from a book. I sure knew a lot of buzz words though. So what did I do? What society thinks one must do.... Go back to school and pay for another degree. This time I approached every class with a "How will this be applied in the real world?" kind of attitude.

After I graduated with the second degree, I took a job making close to half of what I was making welding. My bosses dangled the whole, "You have to put in your time and then the you will be rewarded by the fruits of your labor" spiel over my head. 4 years in to this career and I can see that it complete BS. I realized then that every Tom, Dick, Harry, and Jane goes to college now because it is the status quo. All this did was cause colleges to lower standards for those who really shouldn't even be there to pass, which in turn diminished the precedence of a diploma.

Looking back now, I should have devoted that time I did in college to the trade I already had a good grasp on and mastered it. It more than likely would have been more financially and personally rewarding. There is nothing more rewarding than looking at something you created at the end of the day with your own hands from a pile of materials. Now all I get to look at is a damn spreadsheet. When my kids are old enough, I will strongly suggest they learn a trade, whether it be through apprenticeships or joining the military and serve while they learn. <Rant over>

:eek3:

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville

I went through a 4 year college and got a BA. Went into outside sales for a few years and realized what BS it was that I actually learned in school. The chances of climbing any supposed ladders after years of work were slim pickings. Went back to Delgado after checking out some of the allied health programs available and decided to try it out. Love my job now and I am making way more than I did before in my sales job with my four year degree. Many of the allied health, nursing, etc programs are amazing and are often overlooked for those "prestigious" 4 year degrees that don't mean crap to most anyone.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I went through a 4 year college and got a BA. Went into outside sales for a few years and realized what BS it was that I actually learned in school. The chances of climbing any supposed ladders after years of work were slim pickings. Went back to Delgado after checking out some of the allied health programs available and decided to try it out. Love my job now and I am making way more than I did before in my sales job with my four year degree. Many of the allied health, nursing, etc programs are amazing and are often overlooked for those "prestigious" 4 year degrees that don't mean crap to most anyone.

Just so you know, "sales" in general; is still the most lucrative job occupation in the country. Can you tell us what you were attempting to sell?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It certainly is. Required degree

Who or where would not be buying quikrete products if they sold that kind of stuff in the first place? Did they expect you to go door to door to make a living? :mamoru:

I can see it now: "Good afternoon Ma'am! My name is Dave and I am selling concrete in the neighborhood! Can I interest you in a 40 bag of quickset?"

:D

Last edited:

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Who or where would not be buying quikrete products if they sold that kind of stuff in the first place? Did they expect you to go door to door to make a living? :mamoru:

I can see it now: "Good afternoon Ma'am! My name is Dave and I am selling concrete in the neighborhood! Can I interest you in a 40 bag of quickset?"

:D

Lol there is more competition than you think out there in that world. It surprised me too when I first started.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Lol there is more competition than you think out there in that world. It surprised me too when I first started.

Well, getting back on point here; we should be effectively dashing the hopes and dreams of all the BS Members and guests reading this thread who were thinking about pissing away 4 years at LSU and the soon to be Tiger Waterpark!

Having a nice $85 Million pool complete with lounge chairs, and a hot tub will make recruiting qualified students easier! Yeah! Qualified to start on either the Football, Baseball, or Men's Basketball teams! :doh:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom