Jeep, 4x4 and Off-Road thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sorry, it just didn't seem right to keep posting Jeep stuff in a thread that started off "anti-Jeep."

I guess this as as good a place as any to discuss or show off your Jeeps and other 4x4s...

Here's our rig with my wife at the wheel after the Louisiana Geaux Topless event this weekend...

2009 JKU. Still a work in progress, but I love it!

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    2012 JKU. 3.5 in Rock Krawler coils, Teraflex monster control arms, 35in BFG KM2's, Rubicon Express front and rear adjustable trac bars, JKS Discos, Rugged Ridge Front stubby bumper with stinger, Smittybilt 8k winch, Night Sun Headlights, under-glow.com rock lights, poison spyder hood louver, nightsun headlights with rigid fogs and a whole bunch of other crap.

When I bought her November 2011:

As she sits now:

And just a cool pic from the event:

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Heres my 97 XJ. Its my DD. Running 35x12.5x15 General Grabbers with a 4.10 open diffs for now.

Fi5hq6Z.jpg

9fI1r20.jpg

40z48OE.jpg

oq0levK.jpg

EXvsyO2.jpg

9wlBifn.jpg

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    ive never been jelly over a vehicle before. thats just next level incredible.

aph - screw you and your ridiculously sexy jeep. damnit i cant stop thinkin about it now.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    ive never been jelly over a vehicle before. thats just next level incredible.

aph - screw you and your ridiculously sexy jeep. damnit i cant stop thinkin about it now.

Many many hours of research on which parts to get and how I want themset up. Many many late nights in the garage. Dozens of trips out to the trails and rocks to test and tweak. Many many late nights of OT to pay for it all. It started as a vehicle I always wanted, but it became an obsession.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Many many hours of research on which parts to get and how I want themset up. Many many late nights in the garage. Dozens of trips out to the trails and rocks to test and tweak. Many many late nights of OT to pay for it all. It started as a vehicle I always wanted, but it became an obsession.

usually jeep threads are just piles of stock photos and moms wearing sunglasses, unless youre on a serious 4x4 forum. its been added to my gearhead screensaver.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    What light bar is that on the front of your Jeep alpine? I've been wanting one on my truck for when I'm at the camp, but I'm torn on what to get..... Cheap off of Amazon/Ebay, or pony up the ridiculous amount for a Rigid.

This is my old man's Jeep. He bought it on a whim from a guy in Arkansas who built it for rock crawling. It's a beast with an AMC 360 under the hood, but mainly sits parked where you see it. Occasionally he'll use it to cruise down some back roads. He's been talking about selling it and getting something more for cruising.

Todd Jeep.jpg

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    What light bar is that on the front of your Jeep alpine? I've been wanting one on my truck for when I'm at the camp, but I'm torn on what to get..... Cheap off of Amazon/Ebay, or pony up the ridiculous amount for a Rigid.

It is a Black Box Logistics light. Unfortunately the owner (who is a buddy of mine) shut down operations as he got redeployed overseas and didn't want the reputation he had built to suffer by leaving it on someone else's hands. My personal opinion in the matter is if you are planning on using th relight often, then go with something quality like the rigid, Baja designs or something like that. I rarely use the 12 inch bar but I constantly use the LED fog lights, so I went rigid with the fogs. If it is something that you will just use every once in a while and just like the appearance of the light bar, I'd go with an off brand.

Here is my offroad rig. It's no jeep, but it will go more places than those cute mall crawlers.

In the mud, I could see that, but on the rocks, there is no way.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    me and the kid over in Texas having a weekend of fun

this a few years back

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I have a 99, tj, This pic is from the third flop I have had in it, I saved it under power, and self righted it, but on way out of hole, I grenaded the front gears..

front is a d30 HP with 4.88 gears, locked , c gussets, trussed, big U joints, synergy ball joints.
    download_20150411_161150.jpeg

rear is d44 4.88 arb locked, alloys, big joints
    35 inch mickey MTZ
    armor,
    4 inch springs,
    2 inch body lift
    bilsteins
    custom short arms.
    1 ton steering
    prp driver seat
    durango t case, with wide chain, 2.72 - 1 crawl
    new clutch, throwout and basket
    new alternator
    new starter
    new brakes all around
    new cooling system

Last edited:

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    My 03 rubi has a 5.5in RE, Tom woods DSs, low fab front bumper, Warn 9500ti, anti rock sway bar, 36x13.5 iron TSLs, DC ones rims.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom