NOLA Home Defense Foundation??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Mike Weinberger wrote a book titled "How To Select A Defensive Firearm: Practical Advice for the Average Person." In his book he elaborates on how the Ruger 1022 Charger pistol equipped with a Barska red dot optic and laser sight is a ideal home defense option. He recommends firing the pistol from the hip. He offers free training classes and free pepper spray! Check out his video(s) and tell me what you guys think. :mamoru:

http://www.hdfnola.org/index.html

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The 10/22 is a great way to introduce people to firearms. This "instructor" has found a way to screw that up though.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Holy crap! That's amazing! I'm going to build me one of those safety trainers and patent the sucker. rcm192, thanks for sharing. I'll cut you in for 15%.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Sweet. I'm was planning on getting a charger soon. Its good to know I can use a charger to replace my Glocks for CC and my Suppressed 10.5" AR as my home defense go to rifle. If a charger can do that good, a full 16.5" 10/22 must devastate everything it comes in contact with. This guy is on the cutting edge of training!! Sorry Nate, I need a refund, I'm going to this guy!!! ;)

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm curious how the court case would go, if you set up that .22lr turret in the doorway and unleashed hell with your laser beams!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You could email the turrets owner and ask... He was an attorney at one point accoring to his website.

Any attorney that would recommend shooting at someone from a turret is not someone that should be giving advice :mamoru:

Top Bottom