NOLA Home Defense Foundation??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Mike Weinberger has done more for the second amendment in Louisiana in the past year than the LSA and NRA has done in the past decade. He understands how the legislative processes really work, and his HDF group is the kind of grassroots organization that we'll need to counter the onslaught of Bloomberg's dollars.

As for his newbie gun advice: .22 caliber guns have been an effective self-defense weapon since the cartridge was introduced in the 1850's, and I don't see a line of people volunteering to get shot by one. Yes, a 12 gauge shell or a 9mm defense round will probably do more damage, but that's assuming that one has these weapons at the ready, and the training to effectively use them. For an otherwise defenseless person, having a Ruger Charger (and the knowledge and confidence to use it) could mean the difference between life and death.

Mike deserves nothing by our support.

Mike

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Mike Weinberger has done more for the second amendment in Louisiana in the past year than the LSA and NRA has done in the past decade. He understands how the legislative processes really work, and his HDF group is the kind of grassroots organization that we'll need to counter the onslaught of Bloomberg's dollars.

As for his newbie gun advice: .22 caliber guns have been an effective self-defense weapon since the cartridge was introduced in the 1850's, and I don't see a line of people volunteering to get shot by one. Yes, a 12 gauge shell or a 9mm defense round will probably do more damage, but that's assuming that one has these weapons at the ready, and the training to effectively use them. For an otherwise defenseless person, having a Ruger Charger (and the knowledge and confidence to use it) could mean the difference between life and death.

Mike deserves nothing by/(but) our support.

Mike

Yep!

Guy is always taking the time to go up to the Capital and represent pro-gun issues.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yep!

Guy is always taking the time to go up to the Capital and represent pro-gun issues.

I met Mike at the legislature last year when we were both there to oppose Bloomberg's red flag laws. I saw Mike doing with the HDF exactly what I saw some other really effective state-level gun rights groups doing. With the 2020 legislative session approaching, it'll be Mike and the HDF that I align myself with.

Mike

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington

Mike deserves nothing by our support.

Mike

I agree that Mike deserves our support. I also agree that he works quite hard in support of the right to keep and bear arms. However, I have to take issue with your statement that Mike has done more for the second amendment in the last year than the LSA has done in the last 10 years. If you asked Mike, he would tell you that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Mike's group HDFNOLA provides the troops that go to the capital and do the post card mailers, but LSA does most of the work with the legislators drafting legislation and providing strategy for the legislative session. We work very closely together as a team, and we have been very successful. If you want to continue that success, join both HDF and LSA, write you legislators about upcoming bills and show up at the capital when the bills are before committee.

Dan

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I agree that Mike deserves our support. I also agree that he works quite hard in support of the right to keep and bear arms. However, I have to take issue with your statement that Mike has done more for the second amendment in the last year than the LSA has done in the last 10 years. If you asked Mike, he would tell you that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Mike's group HDFNOLA provides the troops that go to the capital and do the post card mailers, but LSA does most of the work with the legislators drafting legislation and providing strategy for the legislative session. We work very closely together as a team, and we have been very successful. If you want to continue that success, join both HDF and LSA, write you legislators about upcoming bills and show up at the capital when the bills are before committee.

Dan

Thanks Dan. I'm a member of both, and since I live about 3 miles from the State Capitol I will continue to pound shoe leather in the legislative hallways.

Mike

Top Bottom