bicycle shorts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA

buck3050

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    LaPlace
    Visit you local bike shop. Most questions can be answered and they probably have apparel in stock for you to look at and try on. Also getting your bike set up and fitted to you would be beneficial. Like most everyone said, comfort on the bike means an enjoyable ride and that means more time riding.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Visit you local bike shop. Most questions can be answered and they probably have apparel in stock for you to look at and try on. Also getting your bike set up and fitted to you would be beneficial. Like most everyone said, comfort on the bike means an enjoyable ride and that means more time riding.

Bingo. I wear spandex "sexy" shorts whenever I ride. My friends and I are also known to go get food after biking while still wearing our biking shorts. I mean hey, girls can wear yoga pants...why can't we wear our awesome biking shorts?! Anyway, I agree with the quoted post. Bike shops have lots of fun goodies that make riding a lot easier and more fun. In addition to shorts, invest in a good pair of gloves too. It will help your forearms out on long rides!

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    May want to ask on here... its a bike forum for guys over 200 lbs

http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/

Sorry I didn't thank you sooner for the link. Been lurking around there and learning a few things.
    Bought a new Electra Townie last weekend. Finally got to get out and ride some today. If it hasn't been raining, I've been stuck at work and not able to ride. Snapped a quick picture of the Townie. Not sure if I am going to keep the bags on it yet. I may go with a larger trunk bag on the rear.

townie_zpsjrolb0om.jpg

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    So I'm considered a "Clydesdale"? Damn...

6'1" @210lbs.

@nolaradio: I was actually being serious with my suggestion. Nothing lewd or indecent about it. I ride technical and XC 5-10+ mile trails like this. Haven't had a problem since I took the advice.

Yep. Your rims don't care if you're 210 pounds at 6'1" or 4'1"... so yes...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I did 11 or so miles yesterday on the Trace in Mandeville...without biking shorts! :]

isntitabeauty

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    baton rouge
    I bike pretty often. Wear bike shorts, and put about 30% of your weight on the front handle bars, 60% of the weight into the pedals while pedaling, and only 10% of your weight on your ass. It makes the ride SO much better on your ass.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I did 11 or so miles yesterday on the Trace in Mandeville...without biking shorts! :]

I've been wearing the shorts off and on for my rides. The seat on the Townie is so comfortable that after a 20 mile ride on the Trace Sunday, I didn't notice any pain without wearing the bike shorts.

Stopped to take a couple of pictures in Covington.

IMAG1408_zps9kkin0of.jpg

IMAG1424_zpsnbm5kazz.jpg

Dranrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2015
    Metairie
    Bicycling is an incredible way to get exercise. We are fortunate to have the paths we have as the roads around here are horrible to share with motor vehicles. As you continue to move toward your goal you may want to start churning out more miles. For moderate distances Pearl Izumi Quest shorts are great. I just got back from Colorado where I rode a 75 mile ride in the mountains. I bought some Sugoi shorts for that ride. They were worth every penny. Keep up the good work.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Bicycling is an incredible way to get exercise. We are fortunate to have the paths we have as the roads around here are horrible to share with motor vehicles. As you continue to move toward your goal you may want to start churning out more miles. For moderate distances Pearl Izumi Quest shorts are great. I just got back from Colorado where I rode a 75 mile ride in the mountains. I bought some Sugoi shorts for that ride. They were worth every penny. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, the levees can't hold back water but at least they have paved bike routes on top of them! :mamoru:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom